Saturday, October 25, 2014

He shares my bed

This picture explains all!


My little lover. He has been sleeping in the same bed with me since he was a month plus and since then he had never wanted to go back to his own cot. 

I know that I should not encourage him because sleeping in the same bed may cause Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID). But who could resist having this cutie not to snug and share bed with me?

Hubby is always travelling most of the times and the bed is big for me to sleep alone. The other kids have their own beds. So you could understand that it is easier to have the little one to sleep with me without me going up and about his cot and bed.

People said that boys are always closer to mums and this is true for me. Jay for instance, started to sleep on our bed when he was about 1 year old. Since then he was reluctant to go and sleep in his baby cot. However as he reached 3 or 4 years old, he loved to sleep with the sister and started to sleep in his own bed.

Jamie, like the brother, is very clingy and protective of me. He would not want his dad to sleep close to me and whenever the other kids give me a hug, he will come and hug me too. So, I nicknamed him "my little lover". 

Now after a year sleeping together, I would need to get him sleep in his own bed soon. I do not mind him sleeping with me once a while but I think hubby and I need a little privacy sometimes. 


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girl slept with us till very very big! Yours should be ok, share room with brother and sister, not so lonely...can fight and enjoy. :D

Anonymous said...

Aww such a cutie. My daughter still sleep with us. I know it's not good. I hope she'll get her own room until we move to our own house.

Yannie said...

My two girls are sleeping in their own beds since the elder was 4 and the younger was 2.

mun said...

So sweet! All the best in getting Jamie to sleep in his own bed.

Princess Ribbon said...

Kz sleeps with his dad and I sleep with G.. We both agree both boys should sleep in their own beds very soon..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

When i was a kids, i used to sleep with my parents...

Sharon D. said...

He's such a sweetheart. It won't be easy. He melts hearts ^.^

Merryn said...

Ethan doesn't sleep on the same bed with me since born. He has always been in the baby cot but Ayden is co-sleeping with us as he is breastfeed. I'll need to wean him off to his own bed soon but I think it will be tough :(

ChrisAu said...

My kids too , always sleep with the mom while the poor daddy , yours truly , have to sleep on the mattress.

trishie said...

So darling. I love a cuddle and nap with my boy in bed too but at night he sleeps in his cot.

Libby said...

I prefer boys than girls