Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Not so fried-tastic!

My kids love fried food. Who don't?

Last Friday, I brought them to Anson in Wong King Huo road for dinner. Saw this outlet and meant to try it out as everytime we were at this area, this outlet was always packed and people patiently waiting to find seats. This Anson café is the same row with Pelicana Chicken outlet.

So last Friday, we were early to avoid the crowd. We reached there around 6pm but after finished our food about 45 minutes later, the place was crowded! Business was so good. I do not understand why as the food was so-so, but maybe it was cheap and service was fast that attract people to eat here.

They serve Western food only. Mostly fried food, pizza, pasta, and ice cream. With my kids, we would not go wrong by ordering fries and fried food for them. I think I would not come back so soon for its food as nothing fancied me other than the pizza maybe. Will try it out another day.

Our starter is a Caesar salad. A rather pitiful sight of salad if you ask me, but cannot expect much for RM4.50.

Next came the breaded fish with chip for the kids. RM6.20 for this plate. The kids finished up the fish and after that they could not finished the chicken nuggets (RM3.50).

Fish and chip

Another kids' fave - nuggets with mayo sauce

We also ordered cheesy wedges, which was yummy and sinful but once a while I do not mind having this RM5.30 plate of cheesy wedges.

My pork burger (RM6.20) came last and I thought they forgot this order. Wanted to cancel itbecause I were full from the other fried food, but it was out of the kitchen right when I asked to cancel it. Well, I tasted better pork burger in Kuching and this burger was nothing special. The minced meat was rather hard. Again, fries. We hardly can finish them. Or maybe it was not as tasty as McD's. Lol.


Wonder how many calories that I have gained from this dinner!!

12 comments:

mun said...

The price is really cheap so maybe that explains why so many people there. For food like this over here will costs around rm12 to rm15 unless at hawker stalls price is still rm8 to rm10.

Once in a while say once a month can let the children enjoy some fried nuggets and fish.

Sharon D. said...

Wow..the cheesy wedges look really good! Makes me drool ^.^

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The nuggets, not only kids love, I also loves...

ChrisAu said...

Don't worry. ..just eat lesser the next few days and jog daily.

suituapui said...

My Facebook friend waS praising the pizzas here to the skies, better than Bistecca, she said - that Italian restaurant. For me, most of the things served are not bad...except the pasta - they're no good. The main attraction is everything is cheap. Not too crazy about the place, always so crowded.

Princess Ribbon said...

OMG, I love all the food in your pictures.. I love fish & chips, cheesy wedges and the burger !! I think I can finish all by myself.. hehe..

Small Kucing said...

LOL...can always diet next day :)

Azura Chan said...

I love caesar salad. Yeah, very pitiful salad you got there. hehe.

Ezvina said...

Yup, price is low, cannot expect too much. Good also, sometimes just dont want to spend too much.

Hayley said...

I love fried stuff too but cannot afford to eat too often, I get sore throat very easily =_=

Merryn said...

I've not eaten fries since I delivered Ayden! Takut gemuk. haha

mNhL said...

the prices are really cheap. That plate of cheezy wedges look so nice !