Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekend Menu # 60 : 3-colours Vegetables with Fish Maw

I love fish maw. Can have it in soup or stir fry with vegetables. Hubby bought few packs of dried fish maw in Sarikei last month. Used up one pack in my chicken soup. 

And I used up another pack in my mixed vegetables recipe. I love mixed vegetables. Because of its colour and vitamins. Do you know that we have to have 5 different colours of vegetables and fruits every day to stay healthy?
I soaked the fish maw in warm water to soften them up before cutting to smaller pieces


I had 3 colors of vegetables in this dish

Ingredients:
1 stem of broccoli, cut into smaller florets, wash and boiled in water for few minutes to soften
1 carrot, sliced and washed
A handful of Shimeiji mushroom, washed, peeled into smaller pieces
1 packet of dried fish maw, about 150g
Garlic, minced
Shallot, sliced
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp chicken stock granule
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Ready all vegetables and fish maw
2. Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil in wok. Once heated up, add in garlic and shallot.
3. Throw in all the vegetables and stir fry for a minute and so. Add in the fish maw. Mix all the ingredients.
4. Add oyster sauce, chicken stock, water and salt to taste and cook for few minutes before dish out.



10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Good idea! Yesterday I bought 3 types of japanese mushrooms, now I see that you fried with broccoli, carrots, I will put in the mushrooms too... more colours as you said.. :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Fish maw is nice, but i never cooked before as i do not know how to cook it..., usually is during CNY, eat it at my relatives place..

wenn said...

I love this type of dish.

suituapui said...

I like fish maw in soup.

Sharon D. said...

Yummy vegetable dish, Rose. I lurve fish maw a lot! ^.^

mun said...

It is not often I eat fish maw. The way you cooked fish maw looks good. Does your children like to eat fish maw?

Blackswan said...

Hey Rose, my family enjoys eating fish maw too, but I usually cook them in soup. Love those colours!

Azura Chan said...

My favourite. Simple and nice... healthy too. :)

Princess Ribbon said...

Yummy food, yummy dish, healthy cooking.. I like food post, especially home-cooked meals.. Usually MIL cooks soup with fish maw.. So guess everyone wallop all in no time..

Dried Fish Maw said...

Dried Fish Maw, Dried Shark Fins, Dried Sea Cucumber, Dried Shrimp, Dried Sea Limpets, Dried Abalone and Cow Gallstones. http://driedfishmaw.com