Monday, April 21, 2014

I cook, I read

I have been planning to cook ayam masak merah for long time and have bought a packet of ready-to-cook paste last week. I never cook masak merah from scratches so I opt for the easy and convenient way. Directly from the packet.

Doesnt't look red but taste-wise, it is nice

I used this paste

Very easy to cook. Need to marinate with turmeric and salt before frying the meat. Deep fry the chicken pieces till cook. Then just throw the whole paste of masak merah in wok, add in the chicken and a bit of water. Mix well for 10 minutes. Done!


Currently in my reading mode. Last week, I bought these 2 novels. Cheap, just RM8.00 and the story lines sound good, so why not? I don't mind those expensive novels, unless I really wanted to. Only when there is sales, I will definitely grab some books to add to my shelves. Used to read romance and fiction period novels, but now more into fiction, thriller and drama. What is your current reading?

And what make you smile everyday? For me, cook for my family, have a little quiet time to catch up on my reading and spend times with my kids. :)


Have a great Monday, everyone.

14 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

Your chicken looks good.. Even if it's just fried chicken marinated in tumeric & salt I love it already.. Yummzzz..

Sharon D. said...

This looks amazing, Rose. I'm reading only cookery books right now..lol! ^.^

ChrisAu said...

That's foo chow delicacy right ? The red wine chicken ?

Rose world said...

Louiz, I love fried chicken that marinated in turmeric and salt too.

Sharon, my cook books all in Kuching, so I rely on online recipes.

Chris, yes, the red wine chicken is Foochow. But this masak merah is not. ;)

Yee Ling said...

I just get to finish a book during my Europe trip..ahaha

Normally it takes ages to finish one here

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Looks good...

Recently me no cook, lazy...

Iriene said...

Ayam masak merah is always very appetizing, must cook extra rice to eat with it ...lol

Hayley said...

You must be a good cook!!

mun said...

Good to hear that you love cooking for your family.

suituapui said...

Try Seriaji and add tomato sauce, very nice.

Blackswan said...

I enjoy a good book too! Guess what? I used to be a librarian during my school days! Hahaha!

Azura Chan said...

There's no reason for not cooking while there are so much instant paste to help us, right. hehe.
I also bought the book sales at Popular recently. You like Dean Koontz? I can't 'masuk' with his story. Prefer Jeffery Deaver than Koontz. Currently I'm reading Allegiant, the third book from Divergent Series. ;)

Rose world said...

Azura,on sales, so give this book a try. A bit pusing pusing and long-winded, but the strory line is good. Not bad for RM8! Hehe.

Libby said...

I love to read romance novel. What makes me smile everyday, well.... a cup of coffee, a good meal and some me-time to blog. Hee hee