Tuesday, April 29, 2014

An afternoon treat

What we need is an eating place with air-condiitioning. The weather nowadays is so damn crazy; either it was so warm or we are having a thunderstorm. What ever the weather is, I would opt for indoor and try not to go out braving the heat or rain.
 
It was a very warm Sunday afternoon last week and after our shopping in Star Mega Mall, my temporary day time driver (that is my dad), drove to Noodle House for lunch. I think my dad enjoyed driving in Sibu. *wink* Of course with me as the guide.

It was refreshing to take aloe vera honey on a warm afternoon! I love this sweet drink.
My girl had toast, as she loves its buttery taste. 
My sis and mum each had porridges.  Mum has its minced meat porridge, which I did not take any shot as she and dad sat in the other table.  NH was packed with crowd on a Sunday afternoon.

My sis had its ikan bilis and groundnuts porridge.  Very tasty even for a simple porridge.
I shared this honey glazed chicken wings kampua with my boy, but ended up he ate all the kampua while I finished up the chicken wings.  But I helped my girl on her toasts. 

Dad has this pork meatballs kuaw tiaw soup.  A bit tasteless my dad commented, so he needed to request for some soy sauce dipping and sliced chilli.   

And finally, we had its famous mille crepe.  I told you I will come back for its crepe, so I did.  I ordered double chocolate mille crepe for the starter.  And we had this super yummy, soft and rich mille crepe since it was on a special occasion, having my parents and sis in the town and my eldest child's 8th birthday on Monday.
An early birthday treat for the girl from her doting grandparents.  :) 

12 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

There's also a Noodle House here, but only selling pan mee.. So I thought you guys will be having pan mee, hehe.. Oohh I lobe the kampua chicken wings, and your dad's meatball soup.. Yummzzz, I can eat 10 balls! Oppps, meatballs!

Hayley said...

Yes,I would prefer to go air conditioning restaurant too, Aden sweats easily...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wow, Rose, all the foods are so tempting, you must bring me go there, hehe...

suituapui said...

Looks like it's now your No. 1 eating place in town...

Reanaclaire said...

I love all the food in this post, especially the last one.. DESSERT! The chocolate cake looks very tempting.. just look at your girl's face... :p

mun said...

Did all of you like the millicrepe?

Sharon D. said...

Kampua mee! I am so excited to see it!

wenn said...

yummy millie crepe

ChrisAu said...

That's a nice lunch ! And, kampua mee again ?

Small Kucing said...

I have aloe at home. Thinking when will harvest and make dessert

Ezvina said...

Millicrepe, havent try it yet.

Azura Chan said...

Happy birthday!! Must be happy days for your children, since their grandparents are home. :)