Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Back to the cafe

We went to Cafe-cafe for breakfast on Saturday after dropping Jamie at baby sitter's house. We were early that day so we found a parking without problem and Cafe-cafe was not packed at all.

I were adventurous that day so I ordered something different to try.

I had it Momo Cha Cha (bubur cha cha) RM4.80 per bowl. I had it chill. Not too sweet and I like the chewy sago in it. But I think they put too much starch as the dessert was too thick. After tasted few spoonful, I do not feel like eating it anymore. :(
We ordered the wet kompia, we always ordered it when ever we come here.
Hubby had its century egg and minced meat porridge (RM5.80). This porridge is nice as always. Hubby even asked for extra serving of peanuts to go with it.

Without fail, the kids will have its pancakes. The best I think in Sibu.

Lastly my food. Its new dish in the menu. Fried mihun with Chinese sausage. A bit disappointment as it was rather salty and wet. Not my taste and it was rather expensive for a mihun dish to be priced at RM8.80.

Heard from the owner that they are going to revamp the place and change the menu. No more morning breakfast as they change their operating times to lunch and dinner. By mid-April, we are looking at a new Cafe-cafe concept. And hopefully a better menu too.
At least the kids still get to enjoy their pancakes here.

17 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

Wow, I love looking at those foods.. I would like to have the bowl of minced meat porridge and pancakes.. I would ask for more minced meat, hehe..

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I think price ok if here would cost more, depend where you eat too.

www.mymomsbest.us giveaway has started.

Ezvina said...

yumm.. those pancakes.

Hayley said...

Wet kompia is interesting!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Loves all the foods u post...

Sharon D. said...

I really want to learn how to make 'kompia' one day. You've tempted me by mentioning it in several posts, Rose..lol ^.^

trishie said...

The congee looks yum! I haven't had borbor chacha in years and I don't like them too starchy either.

PS: Your kiddies are so cute!!!

Merryn said...

I'm interested in the wet kompia...

wenn said...

delicious looking food..

mun said...

Haha, your son looks so cheeky in the photo. I like wet fried mihun but not chinese saussages. It depends on the place, if nice cafe place, the price of the mihun sounds ok.

suituapui said...

Starch? I thought it was rich, thick santan. Maybe it was starch from the sweet potatoes and yam - that happens when you cook them for a long time. I actually like it that way - not watery. You'd love Thomson Coirner's then - not as thick, quite lemak too. I did not like the one at Rejang Park, no, thank you.

suituapui said...

Yup, the pancakes are very good, better than those pancake shops in KL. They say the ones at McD's are good too - never tried, never go there... Don't know of any elsewhere in town.

ChrisAu said...

I hope to try the kompia some day. Can't find it here.

Small Kucing said...

wet kompia? I dont recall trying this when we were there.

@STP why you tarak bring us try one :p

Jas said...

bubur cha cha l;ook so nice~!!

Blackswan said...

Mmm.... why is your bobo chacha brown colour? Too much gula melaka? I like this dessert too, with lots of coconut milk :)

suituapui said...

Not open at that time mah, mamakucing!!! You were here almost TWO years ago, so long liao lor. About time you come again....

Their fusion cafe next door also nice...and their Japanese restaurant a few days ago is very good too.

Come, come...come to Sibu - now there's Rose to take you all around as well.