Friday, April 11, 2014

Different the 2nd time

When hubby landed in Sibu airport on Monday from a China trip, we went to this place for our early dinner as hubby needed to rush back to office for some urgent paper works. 

This round, we tried something different from our first visit.  Hubby ordered its stewed pork rib which was nice, according to him.  Pardon the picture of the stewed pork rib because when the dish came, my boy was the first to dig into the food before I managed to take a snap of it.  So that is why it looks messy.  My boy ate almost half of this rice, so I guess it was nice and the meat was tender and tasty from the marinade.


Stewed pork rib (RM7.50)

We ordered 2 plates of nasi lemak each for the kids, but ended up hubby has to eat the boy's share since he was full from the stewed pork rib.  I tasted the nasi lemak sambal and deep fried chicken.  The sambal was okay and the chicken was tasty too.  The portion is alright considering the price.  RM7.50 per plate. No one tasted the prickled cucumbers though.  I do love cucumber, but not prickled one.



As for me, I went for the sizzling chicken chop with mushroom sauce.  A disappointment for me!  I expected a grilled chicken chop but it turned out to be a deep fried chicken thigh.  And it was very salty too, and I were having hard time trying to finish most of it.  The salty chicken overpowered the taste of mushroom sauce.
RM18.80 sizzling chicken chop

We did not enjoyed it very much that evening.  Definitely strike off these food from the menu the next round we coming here.  And maybe that time, I will leave some space in my tummy for its dessert!!  *wink* 


12 comments:

Small Kucing said...

But I love pickled cucumber wor

Maybe the original chef is on leave that day

Princess Ribbon said...

The chicken chop looks yummy and I love your chicken chop the most.. But after reading about it, hmm so salty also very hard to eat hor.. The stewed pork rice looks good too, I can eat 3 eggs with that , hehe

suituapui said...

My daughter's favourite, the chicken chop...but I prefer the pork ribs - just too expensive so I do not usually order that when I go there.

Yes, the stewed pork is very nice - great with rice...and also with the kompia. Have not dropped by for a long time now.

Once in a blue moon, there may be a lack of quality control - I've experienced that twice at least out of the many many times I've been there. :(

mNhL said...

I would love the sizzling chicken chop. But if too salty, then it is such a spoiler.

Sharon D. said...

The stewed pork ribs look very delicious. I will be ordering that if I ever visit this place ^.^

Sherry Go Sharing said...

hungry see the food, no yet eat lunch.

Reanaclaire said...

I like pickled cucumber.. very appetizing especially eating with fried food... yes, do try out the desserts and show us next time! :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The foods there looks tempting...

Hayley said...

You're making me hungry leh Rose! :p

mun said...

You don't like to eat pickled food? Too salty is really disappointing. That will put me off the chicken too. How come your boy ate his dad's food when he has his nasi lemak?

Blackswan said...

I also prefer grilled chicken rather than deep-fried. So sorry you didn't like your food. My son loves to eat western food, like most kids!

Enjoy your weekend, Rose! xoxo

wenn said...

the nasi lemak looks good..