Wednesday, April 30, 2014

10 months

It has been 10 months since we moved here. Remember the time I were in my delicate state, flew in with my 2 kids?  And 10 months later I am a mom of three and my 3rd child is Sibu-born.

During our 10 months stay, we have been around and you bet, we know most of the places by now (actually hubby knows better since he is up and around and he always told me which and what road to use). Sibu is not a very big city and it is easy to drive around once you know the way. We drove to outskirt such as Mukah, Bintangor, and Tanjung Manis. Maybe one day we can go further such as to Bintulu and Miri by road. ;)

Initially hubby was to be stationed here for at least 2 years, but after been around for few months, he has made a good record and his boss is impressed with his performance.  Then there was some negotiation on working for 5 years, but then again, the last time I heard we may be staying for another year only.

We looked around for house when we were told to stay for more than 2 years or so. We decided that it would be better to invest in a house if we are to stay longer in Sibu.  And then, everything was unconfirmed so we decided to put that thought on hold.

The kids were doing alright, although once a while my girl will ask me when are we going back to Kuching.  She knew it is 2 years (as we told her in first place), so she keeps telling her brother what year we would be back in Kuching. 

Well, I am not sure how long we would be sticking around here, but we would be enjoying our times here as much as we can. One thing confirmed. We will definitely heading home in September for a short holiday.  My brother's wedding.  Look forward to September, but for now, the kids are going to have their exams next month.  So another stressed month for me in May!  But after that the kids will go for their holidays. 

11 comments:

mun said...

Yes it can be quite unsettling not to know for certain how long you will be staying in Sibu but you are right to enjoy your time there. All the best to their exams!

suituapui said...

Aiyor!!! So troublesome not knowing exactly how long you'll be staying here. Good to invest in a house though - the prices are going up and up and up. Better than keeping the money in the bank.

Have you tried driving to Kanowit? Nice place...and you can go straight ahead by road to the Rantau Kemiding longhouse. Very nice, very long...but I guess you have longhouses too in Kapit, right?

Ezvina said...

I love Sibu, especially the food, unfortunately I seldom got the chance to go there. Just enjoy your time while you're there ya.

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I missed Kuching hehe.. my childhood of 3 and half years there from age 12 yr old. :D

Somewhere in Singapore said...

All the best to your kids exam..

ChrisAu said...

Yeah , it can very tiring moving around. I got a friend who travel from jb to kl then to sg and now to Japan. Whole family moved here and there including the pets.

Princess Ribbon said...

I understand when it is not confirmed, I mean for how long to stay there.. Well, kin pou hang pou lor.. 1 thing at a time.. Good luck in the kids' exams..

Azura Chan said...

I bet your girl is missing the hometown so badly. It remind me of myself when we had to follow my dad transfered to Mukah. I was homesick. But slowly I'm adapting the place, and now I have many friends from that area rather than my own hometown. I learned to speak Melanau dialect during my stayed in Mukah. That was a bonus to me. hehe.

Yee Ling said...

Hang on there...I think you and family are doing well so far.

Sharon D. said...

How time flies....hey, that also means I have been reading your blog for almost a year! ;)

Mrs.Irene Query said...

MY TESTIMONY FROM A LEGITIMATE MONEY LENDER

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs.Irene Query. I live in Philippines and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $150,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of$150,000.00 US. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Irene Query, that refer you to him. contact KELLY WILLIAMS,via email:(kellywilliawsfinancial@gmail.com) Thank you.