Thursday, April 10, 2014

Noodle hunting

Last Saturday, I brought the kids out for breakfast.  Hubby was travelling last weekend, so it was only me and the kids.  And of course my SIL and her hubby who slept over when ever hubby was not around.

We went to Yummy CafĂ© for breakfast.  Last time I tried its laksa when I had breakfast with Mr Nice Guy so this round, I tasted its kampua.  It was rather nice, not too oily.  I only tasted few bites because most of it ended up in my boy's tummy.  Initially he requested for roti telur but ended up, I have to eat his roti telur and he had mine.

My RM2.70 plain kampua

RM2.00 roti telur with curry dipping

The roti telur was nice, but I did not really enjoyed its dipping.  Slightly sweet.  I wonder what make it sweet?  I prefer my curry dipping to taste like curry; spicy and warm.  The dipping came cold; they did not warm up the curry. 

After breakfast, I told the kids that I would like to go to this place to get some instant kampua.  Sibu's very own manufactured instant kampua! I understand from their FB page that we need to make reservation first but I thought I gave it a try and drop by their outlet. 

It was a pick-up counter and because the demand was sky-rocketed, they were having hard times pushing their supply so there were no even a single pack to purchase there.  So I just placed my order and came back yesterday to collect and pay for my instant kampua!

Now they even has mee pok, other than the normal kampua noodle!


11 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

It's nice of your SIL to come and sleep over when hubby is away to work.. My hubby travels every month for work too, but nobody offered to come sleep over, huhu..
Hmm, I like roti telur, but if the curry is not warm, then potong stim, make me lose appetite lor.. But then, if the roti itself is piping hot, then I won't mind so much, hehe..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Good morning Rose...

Reanaclaire said...

wow.. due to blogging perhaps, their business has rose sky high.. hahaa..

Small Kucing said...

Hahaha...the power of blogging.

Must be STP punya power

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I've not eaten kampua for a loooooooong time.

suituapui said...

Dunno how many million that Kitchen guy has made. Business is so good.

Ya, the kampua's good. I had the roti jala that day and yes, the dip is terrible, not nice. My post on it coming soon...

Sharon D. said...

I've not tried kampua mee before. Have to jot this down into my must-eat list! ^.^

mun said...

I think your sil and husband is very nice to accompany you when your husband is away. I also hope to try kampua noodles one day.

Hayley said...

Well, noodles are sure a good substitution to rice, I will sometimes crave for noodles after having too much rice, hehe!

Azura Chan said...

Great business. Made in Sibu. hehe

Jas said...

huhu~ thanks alot for the gifts... really nice~ ^^