Saturday, April 5, 2014

Back to school


The kids are back to school this week.  Life is busy as usual, spending my time driving around, picking and sending them to schools and places. Other than that, I also need to buy lunch for myself and kids as I do not cook lunch. 

Heard about this outlet from Suituapui, so I decided to give it a try last week.  Since the eldest was not schooling that day, after picked up Jay, the three of us went straight to this outlet for lunch.  It was totally deserted that day. Either we were early (because it was before noon) or maybe it was not meant for afternoon crowd.  Lol!  You can say we have the whole outlet for ourselves!

I like the old bicycle in front of the black board!

Nice tables! If only they used those wooden chairs to compliment the look!  *wink*

I planned to try its oyster omelette as recommended by Suituapui but unfortunately it was not available that day.  Many dishes were not available or sold out as striked off from the menu.  Pretty disappointing!  In the end, we ordered chicken rice set and nasi lemak for our lunch.

I had the chicken rice set with plum juice (RM6.00).  I have to say the chicken rice does not look that yummy or presentable, but I was surprised when I tasted it.  It was actually pretty tasty.  No need chili dipping to go with the meat and fragrant rice.

The kids shared a plate of nasi lemak (RM6.00) and a glass of coke (RM3.00).  I tasted the sambal, which was pretty nice but slightly salty. However I do not like the rice.  Rather dry. 
The deep fried chicken wing was tasty as well.



I like my refreshing plum juice!  The bottle reminded me of when I were small and there used to have this bottled soft drink, such as ice cream soda, Pepsi, F&N red and one more flavour.  I could not remember the flavour. We called it "pop drink".  Hard to find these drinks nowadays.

7 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Plum juice, i will loves it, hehe...

Reanaclaire said...

So they use bottles to put the juice inside? Pretty good idea..

Sharon D. said...

Pop juice? I remember those! The plum juice looks refreshing, Rose and I like the ambiance ^.^

trishie said...

I love plum juice! This looks like a lovely spot to eat in

mun said...

Do your children like to eat chicken wings? I don't think I have seen the pop drinks before here.

wenn said...

school reopens and mum always back to chauffeuring..

suituapui said...

They did not serve the chicken rice in balls? They used to do that.