Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Miss Potato

I know, there is a potato snack named Mr Potato Crisp. I like the original, and sour cream & onion flavours. I don't usually munch on snacks so this is one snack that I really enjoy.

However, today topic is not on potato snack but potato itself. I love potatoes in any shapes, sizes and sorts. I enjoy having potato salad as well as roasted potatoes. And not forgetting those soft potatoes in curries and stews. You can said potatoes are pretty versatile as they can be used and cooked in any style.
I have a friend, who loves potatoes so much that we called her "Miss Potato".  If she is no 1 Miss Potato, then I would be no 2.  No one can beat her loves for potatoes.

Recently I were super lazy to prepare dinner; maybe because of the heat and haze.  They can make a person goes crazy and lazy, trust me!! And some more hubby and I had a diarrhea for few days so we lost our appetite. So, for few days I just prepare something simple.

For instance, this potato salad.  When I am in blue, I would prepare this simple potato salad.  Just whisk some mayo with mixed herbs (3 tsp), and mix into the boiled potato cubes and my favourite potato salad is ready!


Another recipe that I would like to share with you. Yes, a flip pan recipe.  I have been relying much on flip pan this few days to do the work. 
My very first attempt in cooking this dish was last year and I have been cooking it since then when I am not in mood to cook much.  I love the juice from this cooking as it was sweet and taste of olive oil. If you are interested, you can adjust the recipe and use it in oven roasting if you do not have any flip pan.  I am sure it tastes nice and juicy as well!




Check out the recipe here.

14 comments:

mun said...

Good morning Rose,

I love to eat potatoes too but now only eat them when I do not eat any rice. Scared of too much carbs but for children they can eat as much carb as they like since they move about so much.

Your potato dish looks really delicious!

Reanaclaire said...

My kids also love potatoes with anything... but I normally cook chinese style.. potato chicken, potato minced meat, potato pork chop with onion.. soup.. :) Kids ok la with carboh.. only myself have to watch out.. :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

See your potato salad and the other day saw Princess Ribbon potato salad, one of the day, i gonna make it, hehe...

Sharon D. said...

Aiyorr...the heat and the haze..tell me about it! Food looks good, Rose :)

ChrisAu said...

I am cutting down on starch food like potato though they are delicious. It builds up fat in my tummy.. :P

Yee Ling said...

Love potato...especially roasted one. You make it into a very yummy meal too.

Princess Ribbon said...

When I see the title I thought you wana write about being a couch potato munching on tidbits when the kids are in school, hehe.. I love your potato salad, eaten cold..yummmzzz

suituapui said...

My daughter loves potatoes - that's why we buy all the time and cook in all kinds of ways. She would love that potato salad, I'm sure. Some better, some not so good - not starchy, very hard and take a long time to cook.

Happy walker said...

i like smash potato~ =D

Hayley said...

Potato is a good food, I love that potato salad, yummy!

Merryn said...

I avoid potatoes as much as possible. I dont want to have a rounded potato body :P

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hahaha! I'm like u. Potatoes crazy.

Azura Chan said...

I'm not really into potato salad. Prefer it would be roasted or fried. But I like your second dish.

Imemily said...

Hi dear how are you?
I'm new visitor to your site.
would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
MY-Emily
Please, let me know! ;)
Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
(leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)