Saturday, August 23, 2014

Taste the chef's cooking

I did not cooked these few days as hubby is away. So, I were on my food hunting again with my sil. She told me few weeks ago on trying this place out but we did not go till last night.  Read Suituapui's food review early this week so we decided to give this My Chef's Restaurant a try.
No!  This was not the chef I believe but could not help it and took photo of this cute pepper case

Let's get on with our order, shall we?

My SIL shared this salted fish fried rice with my Jay.  And oh boy, it tasted good.  Enough wok hei and I like my fried rice dry. 
My BIL had its Mongolian chicken chop rice.  Not what I expected.  I tasted Mongolian beef before in Kuching and it was full of spiciness.  The sauce was something unusual and full of spiciness from chillies.  This Mongolian chicken sauce from My Chef's Restaurant did not taste spicy at all.  More like mushroom sauce to me.
My girl had their crispy noodle as she did not feel like having rice.  Tasted bland to me but it was good for my girl. 

I myself had assam fish fillet rice!  It was good.  I liked it.  If only there were more fillets in my rice!
We also ordered 2 side dishes, i.e. Japanese beancurd with mushroom gravy....

and belacan kangkong.  We enjoyed these 2 dishes.  They tasted good. Not too salty yet it has taste. Just right for our tastebuds.



Overall, the dinner was good.  Just cost less than RM40 plus drink for our dinner.  Very cheap, I said. I do not mind come back and try other dishes.

14 comments:

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Yum ;)

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Thanks for ya sweet comment. Lovely blog. Following.

Sharon D. said...

Wow ..that is cheap! Delicious too, from what I can see.

mun said...

I think it is very cheap too. I like the dishes in the last two photos.

Blackswan said...

Love your selection & of course, the prices! Wish I could taste them right now........

suituapui said...

Good! Good! I haven't gone back since that first time. Ya...I remember the sauce for the Mongolian crabs that I had in Miri did not taste like this but I liked this one. Now I can see which dishes I can order should I drop by again.

All standard prices I hear - RM8, veg dish and RM12, meat dish. I heard complaints that servings aren't all that big?

Princess Ribbon said...

Aahhh I remember STP's mongolian chicken rice.. I love that fried rice too.. Like enuff wok hei.. So nice of SIL to teman you and the kids while hubby is away..

Azura Chan said...

All so yummy yummy dishes. Hehe. The Mongolian Chicken gravy looks so mouth waterings. ahaha.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I was there for a set dinner
The food was great!

ChrisAu said...

wow.... it seems that you have been following STP's food trail lately.

Hayley said...

So it's a mixture of good and bad, not too bad la!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

What's next?

Small Kucing said...

I like the fried rice....not lumpy. Wah have salted fish. sure nice

Reanaclaire said...

Very nice... I think you can get all the reviews from the Sibu food mayor.. :)