Monday, August 18, 2014

Talk on breakfast

On weekday, each of us have our own breakfast time. My girl with school starts at 710am, she will first have her breakfast by herself. Something light as she is not a breakfast person. After send her to school, I will get to prepare myself a breakfast before walking up the boys.

Jay and Jamie have their morning milk. Sometimes Jay will eat a toasted bread depends on his mood. Hubby will eat around 8am before off to work.

But on Sunday, we make it a routine to have everyone together on table for business. We chat, share news and enjoy good breakfast outside. Sunday is also my off day so kitchen is close!

Yesterday was not exception. Everyone got up early around 7am. Even it is Sunday, the kids get up early. It was a very warm morning yesterday.  So we dropped by Noodle House for breakfast. Not many places with air-con open for breakfast here so this place was a good option as it has air-con and it opens at 8am.

I had its aloe vera lemon drink. Great to quench my thirst. Maybe ate too much spicy food the night before at Payung Cafe so my throat was not good yesterday.

Yummy and cooling drink

This was my first time tasted its mee sua chicken soup. It was good. I actually enjoyed it. The soup was sweet and they gave 2 big chunks of chicken meat. Definitely filling for me.


For lunch, we ordered take-away from Noodle House, ie Nasi Lemak and Braised Pork Belly Rice. We basically did not go anywhere yesterday other than here, sent my girl to her piano class and did grocery shopping in Medan Mall. Weather was too hot but luckily it rained in the afternoon.

10 comments:

suituapui said...

Sore throat, cannot take mee sua lor. The ginger is heaty - must go for cooling stuff. The fried chicken in the nasi lemak also no good.

I love all that you got from Noodle House though - some of my favourites, will usually order those when I eat there.

Princess Ribbon said...

If I am the kids, I love weekends too, can gather together for breakfast, and eat out! haha.. Mummy needs a break too, as mummy has been cooking from Mon-Fri.. Good job mummy..

Hayley said...

Wah, the rice in the last picture looks good la! I am a rice person, can say YES to rice anytime, haha!

Azura Chan said...

Quality times! Sometimes I love eating outside with my hubby and daughter, to spend a quality times. 😊

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Me tempted by the mee sua chicken soup...

mun said...

Kitchen is closed on weekends is a good rule so that mommy can rest. Breakfast and lunch looked good. What did you all eat for dinner?

Merryn said...

It's nice that you set Sundays to be family breakfast day. A family that eats together, stay together :D

ChrisAu said...

My breakfast family time with the family was on Saturdays . Usually we go out to kopitiam to eat.

Small Kucing said...

hope now everyone is alright.

trishie said...

So nice to have the whole family enjoy breakfast together on Sundays. The aloe vera drink looks very refreshing!