Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Raise (and rest) my voice

Not a great week so far. It started on Monday! It didn't run very well, as matter of fact, it started off really bad for me and Jan!

Jan was sick and down with tonsilitis on Monday. So she did not go to school for a day. Her voice totally gone when she woke up in the morning. Some more she had dry cough so it would be good for her to rest at home. I don't know why, every times Jan is going to have her school exam, she will fall sick!  The anxiety??  Stress?  She doesn't look anxious or stress to me.  Still have time to catch up on tv and sometimes caught her watching tv while doing her school works!

And Jay did an unexpected thing on that day. Some more on his birthday! He is a playful child, we know that all along but we never expected him to be so curious and cheeky. He really pushes my buttons to the limit!  He is smart, but sometimes he can be very cocky. Want to know what he did?  He played with my contact lenses and disposed them when I were taking my nap. What would be your reaction when you suddenly saw an open and empty contact lenses cases?  I were dumbfounded for a while! 

Of course I knew it was him and started to question him.  Raising my voice on my 2nd child on his birthday!  I know it was bad enough but what could be worst that scolding and spanking him?  After a while I calmed down and thought all this through.  Maybe being a 5-years old is all about curiosity and experimental.

But he seen I put and cleaned my contact lenses before and he knew what in the cases. But what made him do it? What trigger him that day? I wish I knew because I really do not have the answer at all.

I used 2 different degrees of contact lenses.  Disposable contact lenses.  I just changed the new pair last week.  And it happened that one side was the last one.  I haven't purchased new one because the optical shop near my house did not have the stock.

Luckily I have my glasses otherwise I would be half blind for the rest of the afternoon.  But I never like to drive with my glasses as I get dizzy easily.  Don't ask me why, but I am not used to drive with my glasses. But eventually I got my replacement but different brand as the current brand I used was currently no stock due to price hike.  Maybe I may need to change my contact lenses brand if I could not find them available in the optical shops.

But what would you do if your child did second time and ignore your instructions?  Yes, that what Jay did!  He nearly peeled off the sealed pack of my new contact lenses even after my 1st warning!  OMG! Did it looked like he was seeking revenge on me? Please God, give me strength and show mercy on me!!

So, after an eventful day I woke up the next morning with a husky voice and sore throat.  I must got it from my girl.  And all those voice raising to my boy, I ended up losing my voice.  It does not get worse with me discovering I have an ulcer last night. :(

So I will have to rest my voice and throat for few days.  So no adventurous food hunting for time being.

I forgave my boy for putting me into such difficult situation but I will never forget it.  Thinking back it was rather funny and I do feel sorry for Jay. :) Today would be a better day, I know! 

15 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Take care...

Princess Ribbon said...

I totally understand. Relax and take it easy, I know it's easier said than done.. be thankful Jay didn't swallow the lens, as it "looks and taste" like jelly (well, at least to kids).. I raise my voice all the time too, and utter hurtful words, now am trying to control it too :)

suituapui said...

Muahahahahaha!!!! monkey see, monkey do.

Maybe he has seen you doing it, so he also wanted to try and something went wrong - dropped and could not find or something...so he just threw everything away to hide the evidence. So cute, your boy! :D

Small Kucing said...

sounds like a trying week for you.

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hayley said...

Eh you got wear glasses one?

Rose world said...

I do wear glasses. ;)

Imemily said...

that's motherhood
to deal with kids, one needs a lot of patience
hope you and your girl recover soon
MY-Emily

Azura Chan said...

It happened to me last time. I just bought my contact lense, placed it in the cases. When I was return from the shower I saw the lense cases were opened. She threw my lenses into the bin.

I bet they are so curious about thr thing. Hope you get well soon. Take care. 😃

Ezvina said...

Just like my Emmett, everytime he takes bath alone, he will use up all the bodywash. After warming him, him will promise not to do it again. But the cycle still keep on rolling..sigh..

Coffee Girl said...

Boys will be boys. It's all part of growing up. Anyway, get well soon Rose! losing your voice at a time like this can be very trying. Have some warm honey lemon, and yes, get a lot of good rest.

wenn said...

oh dear..that happened to me before. My boy poured the solution away from my contact lens case. The lens got dried and harden.

ChrisAu said...

At this age, he can be very curious but he doesn't know what he's doing . my little princess also 5. I bought a badminton grip last week and she started playing with it , by cutting the rubber grip with a scissors as she saw me putting on the grip onto rackets handle. But I didn't scold her la.

Reanaclaire said...

As long as he knows it is not right to play with your lens, then better rest your voice already.. shouting and nagging too much will turn on deaf ears especially for a 5 year old.. On the brighter side, if old things are not thrown away, new things will not come.. :)

mun said...

Hope both of you get well soon. Jay must have grown very tall now to be able to reach your things placed at a height safely from childrens' reach.