Monday, August 4, 2014

Making a marriage survival kit

I wish every day is a perfect day. But life does not work that way!

As you know, this year is my 10th year anniversary.  After 10 years married to the same man (plus 3 years of dating) and blessed with 3 wonderful children, you would think that every day is a blissful day without any disagreements and arguments. Any married couple will tell you there is never a "happy ever after" marriage on earth.  You need to work hard for your marriage.

So I started to think, what keep me going through all those tough spots for the past 10 years? What make me go sane and see through the logic of our marriage?

The idea of a marriage survival kit came to my mind. Both of us make a list of things we both love and cannot go without, even for a day! So a wife survival kit was born! This wife survival kit consists of a list of things that I love and keep me healthy and sane in going through my wife-y duties.

Here is my very own wife survival kit.


1. Big glass of tea - I am a tea lover.  I am particularly in love with The-C Peng special; the Sarawak very own 3 layer tea. I must have my daily tea dose to start off my day

2. Books - If I have something to read, I can stay occupied for hours.  Keep me from thinking much about other stuff at the same time

3. Cooking - believe it or not, cooking is actually therapeutic for me.  Kitchen is my haven.  I love to experiment with new recipes.  It keeps me alive and happy.

4. Chocolate - the best cure of depression; I love chocolates from chocolate drink, bars, candies, ice cream and cakes.  I am now into chocolate mille crepes, which are great to be eaten any time of the day when I feel like it!

5. Jogging - when I am stressed or unhappy, a brisk walking or jogging in the park is great to release all those unhappy vibes.

When I asked my hubby what is his husband survival kit, you know what he answered me? Ear plug and Cigarette! Ear plug to block all my naggings and nuisances; while cigarette helps him to keep his cool! 

But I am going to add 3 more things into his husband survival kit because these are what he loves and keeps him grounded!

1. Beer -his number 1 stress reliever. On a heated night, he will just drown himself at home with few cans and he is alright the next day

2. TV - he could not do without tv. He can watch tv for few hours, forget what had happened.

3. Body massage - once a month, he will go for a body massage to de-stress and relax. 

This survival kit idea is inspired by Man Crates , a premiere company in buying gifts for men. Love their gifts in custom wooden crates.

I know, it is hard to buy gifts for men. But in Man Crates, there are so many great gifts to choose from for men.  So, stop cracking your lovely heads, ladies.  Head on to Man Crates and check out what they have to offer for your men.  Great for birthdays and Christmas presents!!  I am going to get one of those cool crates for my man too as his birthday is coming!

So, what is in your wife/husband survival kit?? I am sure you have your own survival kit, and I would love to hear them.

15 comments:

Small Kucing said...

LOL...what a good idea on the survival kits... yeah nothing is perfect.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I opposite with you, i coffee lover... hehe...

Ezvina said...

Jogging is not my thing, walking is more like it :)

Happy anniversary to both of you.

ChrisAu said...

Hahah ... like any other ladies , chocolates is a must. For me, a good exercise helps me a lot. Next , it's a nice bento and movie at the cinema.

suituapui said...

Takes two hands to clap - works with ways, give and take...and leave some breathing space.

Princess Ribbon said...

Eh, this husband-wife kit looks interesting.. Maybe tonite I will ask hubby what are his top 5 kits, haha..

Unknown said...

This is something new and interesting for married couples right...I gonna ask my husband as well.

Unknown said...

Guess one survival kit for sure for my husband is ear plug as well... muahaha

Reanaclaire said...

Very interesting survival kits! I remember telling my kids this.. when I grow old.. give me a room with aircon.. give me a laptop with wifi... give me a TV with astro full package channels and a hp.. that will be all.. oh, of course, FOOD! hahaha..

Hayley said...

Interesting!
But cigarette sounds like a not-so-good ones, heheh!

Yee Ling said...

Hhaha..sounds interesting of the survival kits. I pretty have the same like yours except I don't drink tea every day. MILO for me!

mun said...

Sounds interesting but I got to think of the survival kits because never thought about it before.

trishie said...

Everyone needs a survival kit, I think! Mine will have massages, coffee, chocolate and a good book

Azura Chan said...

Interesting! My survival kit would look similar like yours. I love tea, books, walking (replace of jogging), and I have to add crafting and snacks on my list. 😀

Sharon D. said...

Cooking works for me. So does a walk in the park ^.^