Thursday, August 7, 2014

Early

Hubby is travelling again; this time to Bintulu.  So I do not cook dinner at home and bring the kids for dine-out.  On Tuesday, I asked the kids what they would like to have, and both shouted in union "Singapore Chicken Rice!"  So, SCR shall it be!

 

We went to the one opposite Delta Mall as it is nearer to our house.  And my girl had Kumon lesson that day, so after her class finished at 5pm, we went to SCR which is near to her Kumon centre.

As usual, we shared a big glass of fresh orange juices. RM5.20 per glass.
 
I ordered one plate of roasted chicken rice where both kids shared.  They did not eat much meat so a plate of meat was enough. Of course each of them have their own plate of rice.  On good day, both can finished up their plate.  And Tuesday was no exception.  Both kids finished up their rice.
RM4.40 per plate for chicken wing part

And I ordered this plate of steamed chicken for myself.  Their steamed chicken tasted better with some chilli dipping.
RM4.00 per plate
 
And this was how my dipping look like!  A dash of sweet soy sauce and then 2 tsp of their chilli sauce. A bit of sweet with a tart spiciness to go with the bland steamed chicken meat!
 
And oh no!  I did not only have steamed chicken for dinner for sure.  I ordered SCR tomato crispy noodle (RM6.60).

It tasted better than some I have tasted in Sibu.  Not too sour; just nice. And they were very generous in those vegetable, chicken meats, fish cake and sausage.  And I love they added fried shallots to my noodle, which added more flavour to the taste.

By the time we finished our dinner, it was only 540pm.  The sky was getting darker and looked like it was going to rain soon.  So we hurried went to pick up Jamie from baby sitter's house and went home. Luckily we were home earlier as it rained few minutes later!!  Nice weather to sleep in that night!

13 comments:

mun said...

No scr over here. Is the tomato crispy noodle really very crispy?

Rose world said...

Mun, they deep fry the noodle first. It is very crispy. Then pour the gravy on it. To eat it, you got to soak the noodle to soften it. How ironic, it is called crispy noodle but yet you want a softer noodle to go with the tomato gravy. Lol

Princess Ribbon said...

Looks good.. Yeah like mun said, here no SCR but we have TCRS, The Chicken Rice Shop, serves roasted chicken, steamed white chicken, pai tee, even curry mee..

Hayley said...

2 types of chicken...

I had quite a lot of chicken these few days, now a bit scared a bit, LOL!

suituapui said...

SCR is good, love the chili dip...so nice and you can help yourself to all you want. A bit cold though, must eat fast...before the food turns too cold, not so nice. Never tried the tomato noodles - gotta go and try one of these days then. They say the fried paku at the outlet behind HSBC is very good, better than this Delta Mall one.

suituapui said...

P.S.:
Good kids you have! Great taste. Most kids would want to go for burgers or KFC...

Ezvina said...

My son Eugene also love SCR, I am almost getting tried of it d :(

Rose world said...

Both kids dont like KFC. My girl not so into burgers.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Over here, the ingredients is miserable... Only a little bit...

ChrisAu said...

Hahha...I didn't know singapore is famous for chicken rice !

Small Kucing said...

For me i like steam chicken more than roast chicken

Sharon D. said...

I didn't know they had noodles. Wow, I have got to try this one day!

Reanaclaire said...

Singapore Chicken Rice... first time I heard of it.. like Small Kucing, I also prefer steamed to roasted.. unless it is roasted pork.. :p