Tuesday, August 19, 2014

At the backlane

Thanks to Suituapui I have found a coffee shop that actually serve nice Sarawak kolo mee! When he told me about it this morning, without delay I dragged my hubby along to this old coffee shop behind the Sibu courthouse.

And wow! I did not even know there are few coffee shops there. Never been to this part of Sibu, so cannot blame me!  Lol!
An old aunt, in her 80s cooked the noodle in this old coffee shop (next to a bike shop). We had its kolo mee (RM3.50) which was good and they added a lot of minced meat but rather salty.  Too much msg, I think.  But we loved that they also served sliced chilli in soy sauce dipping. Very generous with the sliced chilli.

Texture was good as it was not overcooked

And we also tried its liver soup (RM10.00) with some fish balls, dumplings and other innards too. I always love clear soup where I can see its ingredients, so this one was my kind.

A bowl of yummy abundance

Don't you like the dumpling in soft and silky skin? The soup was alright but should asked the aunt not to put too much pepper in it. Lol.

Yummy dumpling


Overall, we enjoyed our kolo mee breakfast which was hard to find in Sibu! *wink* We will bring the kids over this weekend for the kolo mee.  I am sure they would love it.

11 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

The backlane sounds funny, hahaha.. Ooohhh, I straightaway can see that bowl of liver soup.. OMG, I love liver+kidney+innards.. But I know too much is no good, but nevermind la, eat first, think later :)

Hayley said...

Glad to know you found another great place to dine!

Sharon D. said...

The soup looks heavenly! Could do with a bowl just about now, on a chilly day like this ^.^

suituapui said...

I like everything they have here. So far, I never had a problem with too salty, too much msg or too much pepper - just one problem, sometimes the noodles get overcooked and will be too soft and soggy, not something that I like. That old lady, not very consistent, poor quality control. But now that you know, you can always tell them to cut down on this and that when you order.

Wahhhhh!!!! Going again this weekend kah? LOL!!!

suituapui said...

I tapoaed a few packets for smallkucing once and took them all the way to KL - the kolo mee sepay-sial with liver and intestines...but they went here, went there...did not go home straight after dropping me off at the hotel...even went shopping so by the time they ate, the minced meat already got a different smell - they said still good though. If tapao, not going to eat right away, better order without the minced meat.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Yummy dumpling

mun said...

Wah, really have to thank stp for this. I like to eat the soft silky skins just like that in soup without any fillings in them.

Irene aka Sweet Surrender said...

When it comes to food, refer to Suituapui *LOL* The walking food encyclopedia hahaha...

Reanaclaire said...

Looks good this kolo mee... Now in KL and JB also got.. not sure as nice or not... :)

ChrisAu said...

I like the dumpling ! The Kolo mee must be very nice since its recommended by the sibu food mayor, Stp. Err.... no liver soup for me. Somehow I can't eat 'spare parts'. Lol

Azura Chan said...

Yeah, thanks to Sibu Food Ambassador. hehe...