Tuesday, August 12, 2014

That little anime world

After the rain on Sunday, hubby suggested a steamboat dinner at this Japanese restaurant.This interesting restaurant is next to Bistecca Bistro. If you are wondering why it is called an animate restaurant, let me show you why!

First glance from outside, it was rather boring and plain. Nothing unusual. And it did not look like a Japanese restaurant at all!! More Chinese setting to me.

But once you were inside, you felt like you were transported to a different world. The anime world. I am not a fan of anime series, but this little restaurant gave me a thrill to see all those comic strips sticking on those exhaust hoods. And the lovely wall decors too, which include some spear heads and masks.

Another picture of the interior. Don't you feel curious and want to catch a glimpse of the anime comic strips on the hoods?

 The kids were happily posing for me here. I liked this anime heads erection on the wall. Feel like a mini Mount Rushmore here.

Ok, here come the best part. The food!

I started with the kids' meal (RM9.90) and Konoha Omelette (RM7.90). In both omelette were the fried rice. It tasted alright.

Next was the ingredients for the steamboat. This yummy plate was served and ready to be cooked. We choose Kimuchi steamboat for 3 persons as we invited my sil and her hubby over.

What I love most was their thinly sliced bacons. Just dipped and swayed them into the hot steamboat for few seconds, and quickly ate them with their special chili sauce! Super delicious!

I were not sure what soup did hubby ordered but it was a bit of sweet and spicy. Something like a mild kimchi soup. It tasted great anyhow.

Look at my bacon! I lost count of how many I ate that night.

Hubby also ordered this bbq set for RM7. Too dry for me, I opted for the steamboat more.

Chris, this is for you! I know you are a big fan of Japanese food. You would love this ramen here as you get to choose your own noodle and soup for your ramen.

Hubby has this soy sauce and pork soup for his ramen. Look at the chuncky pork belly on top.

My bil had this ramen pork bone soup and it came out like this. Not bad too.

Overall our dinner cost us RM156 plus drinks. And did I mentioned the green tea is free flow; you ask for refill! Great steamboat as you no need to worry about sweat as it is air con restaurant. We spent more than an hour there and the kids were behaved. Of course thanks to games that they able to sit still. 

14 comments:

Small Kucing said...

food seems good. best is they have things to keep the kids occupied

Ezvina said...

Nice, price also looks ok.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Saw my favourite prawns... hehe...

ChrisAu said...

Wow....yummy !! For me but I can't taste it :( the place really looks good with all the nixe decors and the food also affordable !!

Princess Ribbon said...

Interesting place for steamboat.. Plus, they also have rice, ramen too.. I like.. I like when I can have a bit of everything, not just steamboat.. Wow, bacon looks yummy, I can eat all.. Slurp..

cre8tone said...

The kids meal looks like quite big portion with very reasonable price!~ Oh! We love steamboat, too!~

mun said...

This place has something for everyone so your children are happy, you and all the adults are happy with their food too.

lina said...

They based the deco and menu (food name) on Naruto anime. :)

lina said...

Even got the Hokage rock formation (which your kids take photo in front of).

Cute. :)

Reanaclaire said...

This place looks very unique! And great food too.. good to have something different once awhile!

Blackswan said...

Oh yes, I love the stone walls too! Very impressive, dear!

Sharon D. said...

I recognise the sculpture on the wall...because I watch Naruto. Lol! What a great place for a meal. The food looks very yummy.

suituapui said...

Not impressed by what we saw on the outside. Perhaps I should drop by and give it a try too. Food looks pretty good.

trishie said...

Looks like a fun place to dine. The food looks so good.