Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Vegan eating

We tried this vegetarian cafe which is next to SCR (the shop across Delta Mall) on Sunday. I do not mind vegetarian food as good vegetarian food can be delicious and interesting. 


This cafĂ© is called "My Healthy Cuisine", so you can find their food to be less oily and all are using vegetarian ingredients.  The price? Pretty reasonable I said. Don't expect much when you are having vegetarian meal.



There are 3 types of seating for you to choose.  One I called it a Japanese style where you need to take off your shoes and kneel to your table, the other one is normal square table and last is the high table type.  Since we have kids, we choose the Japanese style.  And next to our table, there is a small selection of comic books and healthy living books for you to read while you are waiting for your food.  But fear not, as the food is pretty fast.


We had its charcoal sandwiches set (RM7.90). The charcoal bread is nice, with delicious vegetarian ham, cheese, cabbage and dressing, but the French fries is rather soggy.  They used white earwood fungus for the coleslaw, which I did not enjoy much.



Jay ordered its fried mihun (RM3.90) which is rather alright in taste.  He ate half of it, so you bet it is good enough for him.


SIL tried its special of the day, Bak Kut Teh.  The soup is very mild.  Cannot expect much for a vegan bak kut the.  Quite a lot of beancurd, mushroom and vegetables, and it comes with fried cha kueh too.


Lastly, my order.  I tried its healthy nasi lemak (RM8.90).  It comes with vegan sambal and homemade chili sauce. 

13 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh? That's a vegetarian restaurant? I didn't know that! Thought it's a shop selling organic products and all those healthy stuff.

suituapui said...

Next to SCR? Hmmmm....I wonder if it was a western restaurant before. I did not want to go as I heard it was owned by the hubby of the lady who wanted to sue her son's teacher for RM1 million for pulling the ear. Later I might be sued too...should I give a poor review, no...thank you!

mNhL said...

I love vegetarian food too. But sometimes, vegetarian can be quite expensive.

Princess Ribbon said...

Still looks good to me, especially the sandwiches, BKT and nasi lemak.. The fried bihun looks simple tho', keke.. But nevermind, like you said, cannot expect much from a vegan restaurant.. All food "ching ching dei"..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The foods looks good...

trishie said...

I'm not really a fan of vegetarian food but that nasi lemak looks really good!

mun said...

Good to hear your son likes the mee hoon.

Sharon D. said...

Food looks great though :)

Merryn said...

I dont mind vegetarian food as long as there isn't those fake meats in it. I dont see why we should eat fake meat.. lol.

Yee Ling said...

Looks healthy & delicious. Like Merryn said I don't like to have fake meat!

Libby said...

Not bad got comic books to keep your kids occupied and also got healthy living books to read too, i love to read books

The nasi lemak comes with egg? I thot veg no egg

Libby said...

I just had vegetarian food last night

It is good to have veg food sometimes build up good karma and healthy too

Azura Chan said...

Charcoal bread? This is the first time I saw it. Thanks to your post. :-)