Saturday, February 15, 2014

Not the best

When I read about this kolo mee stall from Suituapui the other day, I could not resist to give it a try yesterday with my girl. No school for her as it was chap goh mei celebration.

Not hard to find as we have been to this area for dinner. Used to go to the corner coffee shop (facing the main road) for dinner and I always saw this coffee shop when passed by.  Used to notice that most coffee shops at that area closed at night.  But with the new supermarket opened up, I wonder they still close at night or not.


Since my sore throat was not fully recovered, I did not dare to try its fried dish and laksa, so I opted for kolo mee with my girl.  Indeed cannot compared to the kolok mee in Kuching, but like the Chinese saying "No fish, prawns also can" applied here. 

The noodles too soft for kolo mee and they are rather stingy with the char siew.  RM3.20 per bowl is indeed not worth it.  But my girl finished up her bowl.  I guess she misses kolo mee very much.

Few nights ago we went to Zen for dinner as I were lazy to cook and not much times to prepare because I was handful with other stuff that day. So we decided to give Zen, a Japanese cuisine a try. Nice ambience and service was alright. Food also come pretty fast. Probably only 4 tables (plus ours) that time so we didn't wait so long for our dinner.

We had sushi and other side orders. Price came up to RM136 which is what to expect. Nothing fancy to shout about, although I heard from others the raw seafood not so fresh but we have an enjoyable dinner with no fuss from the kids at all. 

There should be other nicer place to go for Japanese. But the kimchi beef rice in Zen is nice, I have to admit. *wink*



8 comments:

wenn said...

oh, we had japanese food yesterday.

Hayley said...

I love Japanese food, don't mind to have it regularly, hehe~!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves Japanese foods, hehe....

Libby said...

Hi Rose, regret to hear that you still didn't receive my blog giveaway gift, I think it might have been lost in mail, this is not the first time I encountered this, the last time I sent something to Vicky of My miracles, also got lost in mail.

mun said...

I like to eat Japanese food too and like you say, the expected price would be more expensive than a local meal. Good that all of you enjoyed the Japanese food.

I have not eaten kolo mee before.

Sharon D. said...

I miss kolo mee ~ haven't had it in ages! ^.^

suituapui said...

Zen's the best in Sibu, not that we have a lot to choose from. Kim chi fried rice, hmmm...must go and try. I always had their smoked salmon fried rice.

Told you the kolo mee, not the same - at best, I would say it's edible.

Small Kucing said...

LOL...yea even the kampua noodles in KL not same as in Sibu. Hence kolo mee in sibu sure not same as in Kuching