Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simply lemonade

Everyone loves a nice glass of iced lemonade on a warm day!  Who doesn't??  To make a perfect lemonade, it is just as easy as 1, 2, 3!  Just 1 cup of lemon juice + 1 cup of water + 1 cup of sugar!!  To those who does not like sweet lemonade, you can reduce the sugar portion to 3/4 or less, or even better, use honey (about 1/2 cup).  Taste nicer!

Lemonade is great for relieving sore throat.  I had sore throat and flu for 2 days now; under the weather lately.  My cousin gave me some lemons when I visited her last week.  Initially planned to use some of the lemons as natural air freshener and fridge deodorizer, but now I used them up for lemonade. 



1. Make sugar syrup - just dissolve the sugar in the boiled water. It tasted better and sweeter to have dispersed sugar syrup than having the sugar sink at the bottom.
2. Squeeze juices from 4 - 5 lemons to make 1 cup of lemon juice.  Add sugar syrup to the lemon juice.  Stir well.  Add 3 - 4 cups of water to dilute the mixture.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Serve with ices and slices of lemon.



10 comments:

mun said...

I drink my lemonade without any sugar at all. It is really refreshing that way!

Small Kucing said...

Refreshing. I made ice blended lemon drink the other day

Jas said...

nearly drink this every night to overcome my thirst now~ :( weather change drastically~ sigh

ChrisAu said...

That's very refreshing indeed !

suituapui said...

No, thanks. Fat people not into sour drinks. Hehehehehe!!!!

Princess Ribbon said...

The weather is really killing me here too.. But I don't have lemons in my fridge.. I drink iced Ribena almost everyday.. And I still have canned Shandy and 100plus left from CNY, also drinking that almost everyday.. Too hot liao behtahan..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I like Honey Lemon, hehe...

mNhL said...

I drink honey lemon almost everyday too. Drink them warm if you have flu. Really effective !

Reanaclaire said...

I would love to have one now too!! Cooling and quenching!

Azura Chan said...

Great tips. I never tried drinking lemonade when I had sore throat. Thanks. I hope you're getting better now. Take care~ :)