Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sick boys and their remedies

A tiring weekend as I was busy taking care of my 2 boys. Jamie was having shingles and I brought him see a Chinese sinseh to kill the snake rash. The red rashes was on and off since then especially on his face. Hope he recovers soon. Actually I never knew babies as young as Jamie could develop shingles. Must be the weather or some viruses spreading around. And another concern I have is the dengue outbreak as I just heard from my SIL of the high numbers of cases of dengue in the area where I stay. Sigh!

My 4-year old boy was also not feeling well. Had vomitted twice on Friday morning and he slept most of the afternoon as well as Saturday morning. Must be the weather as he has been following around under the sun few days before that. 

Luckily after a good rest he was fine yesterday and back to his cheeky self again. I was a bit concerned as he has stomach infection last year when ever he has flu. But luckily this is not the case this round otherwise it would be worse.

I cooked him some chicken porridge on Friday evening. He ate a bit citing stomachache. He worried he will vomit if eat too much. Lol.

It is a simple porridge. Learnt this from my MIL. Just throw some chicken wings (cut at joints) together with washed rice in slow cooker. Add water and some tung chai. Let it cook for about 3-4 hours and when ready, add salt to taste. I also add few tbsp sesame oil too.

15 comments:

Ezvina said...

Hope your sons get well soon.

Small Kucing said...

Glad he is recovering now

Reanaclaire said...

Speedy recovery... nowadays very hot weather.. it is good to drink some cooling water...

Sharon D. said...

May your boys feel better soon, Rose. That porridge looks awesomely tasty!

suituapui said...

Aiyor...hope they're fine now. Weather and over-eating during Chinese New Year. Lots of people sick.

Libby said...

Hope your sons get well soon and mommy rose also take care

mun said...

Take good care. Hope both boys are on the mend now.

ChrisAu said...

Poor kids and mom. May they have a speedy recovery. God blessed !!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I hope he'll be fine soon.

Princess Ribbon said...

Hope the kids will be well very soon. When kids get sick, we the mummies will be the zombies, I can relate.. My porridge is more simpler than yours.. Throw in chicken breast and chopped carrots only, hehe..

Azura Chan said...

Hope they're recovering very fast.... I bet it's because of the weather...

wenn said...

speedy recovery to your kids.
oh, I must try this kind of chicken porridge.

Hayley said...

Porridge is indeed healthier!

Speedy recovery to your kids!

Blackswan said...

Porridge is best for the sick! I love it!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Speedy recovery to your kids...