Yeay! Can you hear me screaming over here?? Scream of excitement because Friday is almost end and weekend is here!! I am back to my cooking cap today as I have not done much in my kitchen lately except light cooking, washing and boiling hot water. *wink*
Hubby bought a lots of fresh lemons from the market over the weekend. He is on lemon juice diet; once a week boiled fresh lemon using the claypot and drink it warm. I am not so into warm lemon juice but hubby told me that it is good to fight flu so I obliged to take few sips when he made the juice on Monday morning.
I have always wanted to cook this dish for a long time. But since I were sick early this week, I am only up to the task to cook this dish today. Turned out great and it tasted exactly what I want after few days of eating rather dull food. Lol!
Chinese Lemon Chicken
20 stripes of boneless chicken breast (about 0.5")
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 big sized egg
1/4 cup cornflour
1 tsp white pepper
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup chicken stock (1/2 cube mixed with warm water)
1/2 lemon (squeeze out the juice)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Marinate the chicken breasts with marinade for 30 minutes. Keep aside in the fridge.
2. For batter, crack 1 egg into a bowl and mix with cornflour and white pepper. If you prefer a crispier chicken pieces, then you can first dig the chicken into the mixture of egg and white pepper, then dig into the mixture of cornflour before deep frying.
3. Deep fry the chicken breast till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
4. For sauce, mix everything into a bowl.
5. Heat up a 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Once heated up, add in the sauce. Keep stirring and when the sauce change colour, toss in the chicken breast into wok. Stir for a while and then dish out and serve.
Remark: If you prefer more lemony taste, you can used up 1 lemon but since my kids do not enjoy too sour-ish dish I half the portion of lemon. What I do with the other half lemon?? I have a choice of either a cup of iced lemonade juice or keep in the fridge as a natural deodorizer. In the end I decided to use it as fridge deodorizer since there are some lemons in the fridge waiting to be used!!