Monday, September 26, 2016

Last week



The start of the last semester of school; the thought of waking up early is never easy on the first few days. But I got it through and the kids got back to their normal daily routine with schools and other activities and afternoon enrichment classes.

And I got back to my reading too. Have not been catching up on any novels for many months now. Partly because lazy. You know reading takes time and perseverance. *wink*

Last Friday was the busiest of the week. Started with Jan went for her 1st school excursion and she needes to be in school by 630am. She was visiting two museums (Chinese and Islamic museums) and old folks' home.

My breakfast on Friday was light. Tasted Taka Bakery's newest bun which they named it First Love. Soft bun with creamy, buttery and slightly tard custard. Interesting bun but I enjoyed it.

Then in the evening after picked up Jay from tuition, one of Jay's classmates had a short visit to our house. Playing and fooling around before we cut short as we had a birthday party to attend to.

So the kids and I went and stayed at the party till almost 930pm that night. Luckily it was nearby but rain started again that evening.

The kids were tired so they went to bed after their bath. For me, I stayed till after midnight catching up on tv while waiting for hubby. He caught the last flight back from KK so I waited for him to come home.

Over the weekend, we did not go anywhere much. Stayed and recuperated at home. 

10 comments:

suituapui said...

Lovely bookmarks. They use those ice cream sticks to indicate the names of the crepes and cakes at the gelateria here.

PH said...

Busy busy! Hope you are well rested now :)

Merryn said...

They always have to wake up super early for school excursions don't they? Ethan too the other day when he went for his school excursion, had to be in school before 7.

I don't remember the last time I sat down reading a book. It must be before I have kids >_<

Nancy Chan said...

You have a very busy schedule. I used to be like you but now all that is behind me. No more racing with the time.

mun said...

Busy is good but must take rest. XDl l l

Libby said...

Sometimes it is nice and good to stay at home and rest, go out have to spend money again

ChrisAu said...

That seems a great week but school has reopen .. back to normal routines and final exams too!!

Reanaclaire said...

Yes, like you, I read a lot last time, during the time when kids were small, there was no Internet, I mean I was not addicted as I am now! hahahaa... I did not buy the computer till my boy was about 10... that time one computer cost around 5K! I read a lot then... nowadays I only read only when I cannot sleep and sitting too long on the pc chair... hahahaa..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

It has been age since i read, and i take ages to read a book, now getting restless, can't sit still for long to read...

Sharon D. said...

I get what you mean about reading. I have started the habit again..hence, blogging took a back seat ..haha. Finished 4 books already just these two weeks. Now, on a 5th.