Thursday, September 8, 2016

New place

This coffee shop used to be called "Kim Yu" before it revamped and changed its name to "Sun Li Ting Cafe" not so long ago. It is opposite my favourite chicken rice shop.

We have never been there as a family even when it was known as Kim Yu back then. The parking in this 3rd Mile market is a pain in the ass and other than its tasty and herbal kueh chap, we did not know what is good there. I have been there once with a friend to eat its kueh chap many years ago.

So last Sunday we went to this new place for breakfast before our church service. Wanted to try new place and something different than going to the same places.

They have few stalls namely Sri Aman vinegar noodle, kampua, Foochow fried, laksa, fast food and kueh chap.

My boys had kampua from the kampua stall. RM3.50 per plate, same price as our kolo mee now. Look and taste very authentic Sibu Kampua.


Yours truly initially wanted laksa but when I went to the laksa stall, I saw a photo of mihun soup so I ended up ordering the latter. My mihun soup was quite nice. Clear and not too much MSG. RM5.00 per bowl.


Hubby had this special kueh chap for RM7.00. Tasted very herbal and thick.


The place is clean and service was fast. Maybe because it is new. The place was quite packed last Sunday. We would definitely not mind coming here again as long as we could find a parking spot.

10 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

The kampua and beehoon soup look good. Have a beautiful day!

suituapui said...

Kampua sure looks ori...but RM3.50! Ouch!!! LOL!!! Wahhhhh...so much meat in the stuffed tofu, not like the ones here. Yes, I avoid places where it is hard to find parking, here mostly in the town centre, quite ok elsewhere.

mun said...

Clean place with tasty food is definitely a plus point!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

agree on parking spot, if cannot find cant eat there. :(

PH said...

The Special Kueh Chap looks good. I would go for that :)

Coffee Girl said...

My hub's fav kueh chap place =)

Libby said...

I would like to try the Kampua Noodles to see how different it is from SG Wantan Noodles

Reanaclaire said...

I like your order, the beancurd was so nicely cut up... I dont know how to enjoy the kueh chap, maybe Ipoh not so common as in Penang....

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The kueh chap over there and here serve different, here the ingredients serve separate...

Sharon D. said...

Rose, I am truly hungry now after reading so many of your food posts. ..haha. I should not leave blog hopping to a weekly activity!