Thursday, September 15, 2016

Green, red and everything lighted

A lovely neighbour (whose son happened to be Jay's kindergarden and now classmates in school) gave us these 2 beautiful jelly mooncakes last week.

My neighbour's daughter made them herself after learnt from an aunt the day before. 

It was so nice of her to gave us the jelly mooncakes to try. Thank you very much.


Green and red jelly mooncakes. The green one is pandan flavour while the red one is red velvet. Not too sweet and it was nice to be eaten while they were chilled.




Last night I brought the kids over to a friend's house so they can play and light some lanterns with my friend's kids.


Kids + lanterns = fiery fun!

Tonight? Not much of a celebration. Kids have taekwondo class so don't think we would be playing any lanterns tonight. And not sure what time hubby reaches home from the long drive from Sri Aman this evening.

Happy Mid-Autumn, everyone.

11 comments:

PH said...

I bought myself a mooncake yesterday to cheer myself up hah..hah.. Have a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival with your family!

Unknown said...

Can you get different flavored jelly mooncakes in Kuching?

I didn't bother looking for mooncakes in Chinatown, London. They don't do good ones here. I have never bought the ones from HK.

A Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to your family and you.

Rose world said...

Hi Corina, Happy Mid-Autumn to you and family.

We do can find flavoured jelly mooncakes here but I am super lazy to hunt and buy any mooncakes this year. Luckily I got to taste some last night in my friend's house otherwise no mooncakes for me. And they tend to be so expensive.

suituapui said...

I put up some lanterns at my gate one year when my girl was small and some kids in the neighbourhood came and stole them took them all away, so pissed off.

I will only eat those traditional ones in your last pic, no snowskin, no jelly...and I like the Foochow mooncake festival cookies too, getting more expensive each year.

Hubby home for the festival? Public holiday tomorrow. Happy Mooncake Festival, all.

Nancy Chan said...

So nice of your neighbour to bless you with the jelly moon cakes. They look nice.

Reanaclaire said...

My kids live the jelly mooncakes too! Can eat more of these than the normal ones...

Libby said...

Have not tried Jelly Mooncakes before, hope one day I have chance to try them

mun said...

Happy belated mid autumn festival to you and your family! The jelly mooncakes look good. What a nice celebration you all had!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Belated Happy Mid Autumn Festival to you and your family...

Blackswan said...

Looks real yummy, dear! I wanna have some too! xoxo

Sharon D. said...

I'll say it again - you're an amazing mom, Rose! You give your kids life experiences that when they look back, they will remember it fondly and with love. :)