Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Mee Jawa in old Satok

On Malaysia's Day, we headed to Permai for the beach. But before that, we stopped by Satok which was on the way for a breakfast.

It has been ages since we came to this old part of Kuching for breakfast. Satok. The name reminded you of the old weekly market, night hawker food and the busy trading durung the day. It is no longer that buzzing but still, you could expect to find good food in least expected place. The old timer and Kuchingites would tell you what is good here.

One of the busy old coffee shops around Satok would be Yong Hua Cafe. Located in Lorong Satok 5, it offers good choices of Malay food during the day time. 


As expected, it was crowded. Mostly Malay patrons but you could see few tables of other races waiting patiently to be served. This middle coffee shop was so cramped that you have to squeeze for a table. I believe food has its magnet and attraction no matter what.

I have been there once before for Sarawak laksa and I remember it was good. This time, I opted for Mee Jawa. 


Hubby ordered special plate for me (RM7.50) that have few sticks of chicken and beef satay.


Taste-wise it was good, thick, and rich of flavour. It was a very filling breakfast for me.

11 comments:

suituapui said...

We had one place here serving nice mi jawa with satay - I think I blogged about it twice...but if I am not mistaken, it has closed down now. Poor location, I think - somewhere in the middle of one kampung road, or maybe bad feng shui too. Others before them also closed down eventually.

mun said...

Mmmmmmm your mee jawa with satay looks so delicious with its thick and rich gravy.

PH said...

That's a very heavy breakfast! I would like that for lunch or dinner.

lina said...

Yumm!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I eat beef too but we eat only outside not at home.

Nancy Chan said...

So yummy! I love your special mee jawa. Looks so delicious!

Azura Chan said...

Mee Jawa and satay. Great choice!

Blackswan said...

I'm actually not familiar with Mee Jawa. It's the first time I'm seeing this. Love to try, dear! xoxo

Libby said...

I am craving for satay now, long time never see satay, your satay looks so rich and yummy, I like Mee Jawa too

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will go for the satay...

Sharon D. said...

Wow...I was just saying that I love mee jawa. There was one I used to go to near home but it has since closed. You are making me crave for some. ^.^