Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Clean food

There is this interesting cafe that serves healthy and organic dishes in Jalan Rubber (the row of shop behind CIMB Bank).


KCH Clean Food (what a name!) has a nice, descriptive menu that includes organic brown rice, healthy entrees, hearty pasta and healthy and detox drinks.


I am sure this is a great place for those who are health-conscious, and looking for nice food.


The set-up of the place is quite unique in its own way with painted walls and menu written on them.

The history. Started in 2014 as a home-based, delivery service

Espresso and organic stuff

And I spotted the trophies on the counter where you needed to order and pay for your food before you take your seat. One of the owners must be a former body builder.


It was a cold night so my girl and I ordered hot chocolate. Look at the foam art on the hot chocolate.



We ordered 3 dishes to share among us. First we had this grilled chicken chop. I love the grilled black pepper chop.

Grilled chicken chop RM18.90

The grilled lamb chop was similar to the chicken chop and hubby and I finished up the mashed potatoes.
Grilled Lamb chop RM19.90

This prawn aglio olio was a surprise as we did not expect a big prawn on top of it! The aglio olio was well cooked. Prawn was fresh. One thing was they added chilli flakes to the aglio olio so it was spicy for the kids but yet, Jay finished the whole plate mostly by himself.

Prawn Aglio Olio RM29.90

I personally think it is a nice place to dine in. The food is alright to me but somehow it was quite small portion compared to other places. Saw many tables ordered its brown rice dishes. Maybe I would give the rice dishes a try next time we dropped by here. 

15 comments:

suituapui said...

Food looks really good, that aglio olio with the giant prawn so cheap!!!

Coffee Girl said...

I always snub this for the more unhealthier version next door - iCafe (where they served the best crab in salted egg yolk) hehehehe.

PH said...

The food looks good. Now I like small portions hee..hee..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I prefer small portion and not too big portion...

Nancy Chan said...

Pretty designs on the hot chocolates. All the food look good and delicious.

Ezvina said...

Heard about them even before they open up this cafe, but till now also never go n try yet.

Small Kucing said...

Uiks...i thought only coffee they will do the art . hot chocolate also have ya. so beautiful. sometimes i sayang to drink

Merryn said...

Clean Food. What a name. I like the Super Hero wall. Food looks decent enough I'm sure I'll like this place :)

Reanaclaire said...

I like small portion food too so that I could finish them all without sharing! Lol....

Sharon D. said...

If my husband saw this prawn, Rose ..habis cerita! He will bug me to have a meal here! ;D

Azura Chan said...

I haven't tried here. My sister had tried their delivery services.

Hayley said...

Organic food usually very pricey one... For me, once a while is enough, hehe!

That hot drinks is very beautifully done!

ChrisAu said...

I like the place! The way they decorated and painted it were nice and fun ! Nowadays folks are getting creative on the settings of their cafe. Wow.. Your pasta looks great ! Look at the prawn, it was huge!! And , nothing beats a hot cafe on a cold day.

mun said...

Food looks good. I would order the brown rice dishes too.

Sherry Go Sharing said...

eyes on grilled lamb :D