Friday, September 9, 2016

No doubt

This is Coffee Girl's preferred Sarawak laksa place and I were delighted to try it out with my hubby. 

Actually it was just a suggestion from me yesterday morning to come here since we were at the city area and hubby needed to pick his car from the service centre. My first time having breakfast in The House Cafe.

Alfred's laksa

The House Cafe is located (corner shop) next to Wisma Mahmud (where CMS HQ is) Padungan area, which is quite hidden and I wouldn't know of its existence if no one told me of it.

The cafe is clean and well maintained. It was packed with mostly office executives when we were there as it was a weekday. There are few stalls selling local favourite such as kolo mee, Foochow fried but I were aiming for Sarawak laksa from Alfred's laksa stall that morning.

No doubt, true to what Coffee Girl wrote, the Sarawak laksa was very good. Flavourful, addictive and satisfying. 

RM8 for this bowl of Sarawak laksa

Other places usually served sambal with lime but not here. It is cincaluk with lime. Oh my! Fragrant but I always like my laksa as the way they are but sometimes I just squeeze the lime juice in the laksa before mix the broth.


My verdict? It was good. No doubt about that. The spiciness and saltiness were right for me. So nice to go with a warm cup of teh c.


My boy had a bowl of kolo mee. He said it was good. It looked good to me but I thought it was a bit oily. Nevertheless, Jay finished the whole bowl with a little help from Jamie.
Kolo mee

Now I know another good place for a good bowl of Sarawak laksa. Option of RM6, RM8 and RM11 per bowl. We tried the RM8 laksa. Wouldn't mind coming back here if we are in the city centre.

11 comments:

Azura Chan said...

My friends also told me that this laksa was good. I like Rojak Ayam at the muslim stall there,

Reanaclaire said...

Limes can do winders to the broth... I like lots of them especially in pho and curry... Very appetizing....

suituapui said...

Alfred? Same name as my Singaporean friend - the one who came some years ago, not the recent one.

The ones I had the other day - both the laksa and the kolo mee - were nothing to shout about. I sure would love to give this one a try, just that despite all your description, I still dunno where it is. Hehehehehehe!!!!

Joshua said...

Is this cafe to the left of Wisma Mahmud? Shoplot just beside the entrance to the paid parking area an Wisma Mahmud. I've been there before for a drink. Quite packed with people.

lina said...

Yummmsss

Merryn said...

Oh wow. Nice Sarawak Laksa. I love Sarawak Laksa. Actually I simply love laksas from all over :D

PH said...

So this is the place to go to for a good bowl of Sarawak Laksa!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

There's a stall here in Singapore at Taman Jurong Food Centre selling Sarawak Laksa and i loves their Sarawak Laksa, hehe...

mun said...

I shall take note about this. Hope that one day I can go to Kuching to enjoy this delicious bowl of Sarawak laksa.

Nancy Chan said...

Both the laksa and kolo mee looks delicious. I have yet to taste the authentic Sarawak laksa from Sarawak!

Sharon D. said...

I have yet to try Sarawak laksa, but I know it will be on my must-eat stuff when I travel over one day...including dabai.