Thursday, June 9, 2016

That time again


It is that time again; celebrating Duan Wu Jie and enjoying some bak chang (or zong xi in Mandarin). We did not buy any this year so did not have many of the dumplings. However, thanks to my mum who gave us few dumplings, I got to eat one this year. 

I steamed the bak chang for breakfast on one morning. After filling up our tummies, together with my kids, I went to pick up my mum as I needed to go to hospital for my scheduled check-up. Yup, it was my follow-up time. Glad the scanning was fast and in less than an hour, we were out from the hospital. Doctor said everything was fine; just need to check-up once a year.

Time for brunch. We went to this cafe since it has been a while since we were here. I kind of missing its Sarawak laksa.


The lady remembered me and added chicken feet into my laksa. My mum had laksa too but no chicken feet for her. RM6.00 per bowl.


I also ordered some sio bee (siu mai) as Jay wanted to have some with his kolo kuew tiaw. I did not take photos of what Jay and Jan had as they were hungry and could not wait to dig in. *wink*

11 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Happy Dumpling Festival to you, Rose & Family xx
Looks like I missed the boat. I totally forgot about it although I saw many people posting pics of rice dumplings!

suituapui said...

Happy Chang Festival! I've had three already today before it was even noon. Don't mind if I do not get to eat anymore till this time next year!

Chicken feet in laksa? I went to one place, Padungan area, laksa very nice...but no, no, no! No chicken feet for me - they also had those there, to go with their laksa. New trend kah?

PH said...

Yummy! Yummy! I love bak chang but don't know how to make. Only know how to eat LOL!

Agnes CF Lee said...

Happy dumpling festival...i didn't buy and dumpling nor anyone giving me any ;(, actually I totally forgotten about it until my mum reminded me last Sunday. Glad to hear that your check up are all good.

Yee Ling said...

I used to eat a lot of bak chang last time. I think when I get older, I barely can eat one every day. Bak chang cos me bad indigestion but I still eat during this time. HAha

Reanaclaire said...

This bah chang season, I have eaten a few... Enough for this year.. :)

mun said...

I am surprise to see chicken feet in laksa. Happy dumplings festival to you and your family!

Blackswan said...

Oh yes, I would love to have some of that dumpling now! More salted egg-yolks for me please! xoxo

Nancy Chan said...

I love bak chang and have been eating bak chang quite often, no need to wait for the festival time.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves bak chang, but got to control my intake...

Libby said...

I love bak chang, especially bak chang with a lot of meat