Friday, June 17, 2016

Catching-up lunch in Cafe-Cafe

It was one of the school holiday when I met up with a friend over here. My friend has never been here before and so were I, although I used to be a fan of the Sibu branch and dined few times in the Kuching car wash outlet.


This outlet is in Jalan Song, located in Brighton Square, same row with Kolej Sunway. This is Cafe-Cafe's very 1st Kuching outlet before they opened the other car wash outlet.

We were slightly earlier than the lunch crowd and the place was not too rowdy then. My friend and I could have some quieter time to catch-up while the kids were busy with their phone games. And I could took some shots of its interior décor too.

Not so dimly lighted which is good for photo-shooting

Colourful chairs

In middle of the cafe

Love these owls

Paper planes?

And yes, here came our food. It did not take long for our order to arrive.




My friend had this creamy pasta (RM19.90).  It was so good, very creamy and appetizing. 


Next came this big plate of Mee Mamak (RM16.90) which we specially requested "no spicy" for the kids to enjoy. For me, I thought it was too sweet.

We compared this Fish N Chips with the other outlet and we agreed that the portion is bigger over here. And overloaded with chips too! It was worth the price of RM23.90.

I noticed that they have Nasi Kerabu on the menu so I wanted to give it a try.  And it was nicely served in a rattan basket.  It sure satisfied my craving for Nasi Kerabu at that moment. RM16.90 for this tasty dish.

It was an enjoyable lunch with my friend as we spent nearly 2 hours there chatting, and catching up. Hope to catch up with her soon.  Of course, provided that both of us are not too busy with kids and other commitment. 

14 comments:

suituapui said...

Ohhhhhh??? They have nasi kerabu? I wonder if they have that here. The mee mamak is very popular here, sweet and big portion, order one many can share.

Small Kucing said...

the owls are so cute. One of my fren is a fan of owls. she sure like the deco there

Unknown said...

looks good besides the nasi kerabu which have that funny colour rice hehe.

mun said...

I like your nasi kerabu the best!

Yannie said...

Food looks good, it is good to catch up with friend once in a while.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will prefer to be earlier to avoid crowds...

PH said...

The nasi kerabu looks good!

Reanaclaire said...

I will definitely opt for mee goreng or nasi kerabu.. they look good... you know me, anti western food.. hahahaa..

Merryn said...

Ooooh. I would love to have the mee mamak. It has been ages since I had one.

Hayley said...

The decorations is quite nice, I love those owls, cute!
Food looks great also ya!

Ezvina said...

Nice, I been there done nce only.

Princess Ribbon said...

Saw the owls decoration.. Hmm, nowadays like very "hing" owls.. I see owls everywhere in my FB, like birthday themes, backgrounds, even restaurant names, almost everything gotta do with owls..

Nancy Chan said...

I like the look of this place. Cute owls. I would definitely go for the creamy pasta or nasi kerabu. Lol!

Libby said...

It seems nasi kerabu is one of your favourites