Friday, June 24, 2016

Once upon a cafe

My mum suggested to have breakfast in this café few days ago.  Of course I obliged to her request.  For one, I have never stepped a foot into this café before and secondly, I heard and read so much reviews on the food; both good and bad. 

Mum has been there few times and she likes the food and the environment there.  And what we love the most is that it opens as early as 8am daily (opens 365 days, as it claimed), so what a better and nicer cooling café to sit and enjoy our breakfast?  Away from the warm morning sun.

Serve no pork and lard!

We were the only customers that day.  It was around 8.30am, so expected no crowds then. We basically had the whole place to ourselves. After placing our order, I had a quick walk and look at the café's wall.

Spotted my mum and Jamie??

Like their table stickers

This café is a something.  It is simple; nothing extravagant in set-up but its wall is what distinguish it from other cafes.  One would be busy looking through all those wall pictures; old pictures of actors and actresses, comic strips, old movies and singers and so forth. I guess that is why the name of the café.  Once upon a café. A café where you could sit back and enjoy the time, with its 90s ambiance.





I had its tomato noodle special (RM9.90) that morning. A very big plate of crispyly fried noodle in the sweet and sour tomato gravy. They brought the fried chicken later instead of putting them on top of the dish.

I were glad that they served the fried chicken separately as I could not finish them and had to order take-away.

Mum had its fried mee hoon (RM6.50) which was very delicious-looking too. 

We were both stuffed from the noodle dishes that morning as the portion was big for us. I would love to come back to taste its nasi lemak.  Mum said the nasi lemak with curry was good. Looking at the flyer, the photo of the nasi lemak curry chicken is tempting. Another day, another time.

14 comments:

suituapui said...

Oooo...tomato fried mee! Did not get to eat that that day, must not miss next trip. So cheap your mum's bihun, so much and a lot of ingredients!

Nancy Chan said...

The fried bihun looks yummy with the little plate of sambal.

Coffee Girl said...

Ooo where is this Rose? never heard of the place

Rose world said...

Brighton Square. Same row with Ramen (facing CityOne Mall).

PH said...

I like the sign that said "talk to each other as if it is 1993" hee..hee...

Reanaclaire said...

Great bonding between grandma, mom and kids.. !

Small Kucing said...

Hahaha ...no wifi...good one.

mun said...

The price 9.90 for your noodle is a good price since it includes a piece of fried chicken together with the noodle. Wah, they give so many pieces of keropok for the fried mee hoon. Here they don't give keropok for fried mee hoon.

Libby said...

I like this cafe! Because I miss the 90s and the sticker is so interesting, talk to each other as if it is 1993

Libby said...

And the name of the cafe "once upon a cafe" is so appropriate, original and creative

Libby said...

If only they can open a branch in Singapore, I would definitely visit it

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to try here since it is not far from my house. It is free pork menus right?

Rose world said...

Yes. Pork free menu.

Sharon D. said...

No free wifi sounds good to me ;)