Monday, June 6, 2016

Don't be choosy

We meant to have kolo mee at the famous Green Road Sin Lian Shin that morning but it was so packed that we decided to try the other coffee shop.  This corner coffee shop, the same row with Sin Lian Shin coffee shop. 


Before this shop in operation, it used to be served the best chicken rice in Kuching but it has been ages since the chicken rice moved to Jalan Dogan. Since this new coffee shop operated, I could not remember how many times I have been here. Maybe once or twice. 
Since we were there that morning, we might as well give this place a try.  Cannot be so choosy at that moment since it was a holiday and not every places were opened.
Hubby went for the Malay stall that serves roti canai, curry mee and mee goreng.  Initially hubby wanted curry mee but they did not do it that morning, so he went for its mee goreng.

We were impressed by how the food was presented.  In a lovely porcelain fish-like plate. Interesting.  Taste-wise, the mee goreng was nice with a bit of sweetness and spiciness.
As for me, a very Chinese woman, I went for rice for my brunch. I spotted the pork leg rice/kueh chap stall so I ordered a plate of pork leg rice for myself. 


RM6.00 plate of meats with curry soup, black sweet gravy and cincaluk dipping.  I like the dipping.  Very nice with the meat.

13 comments:

Yee Ling said...

Ooh..i would love the fried noodles too.

suituapui said...

I didn't get to eat kolo mee!!!! @#$%^&*!!!! Went to Green Road in the afternoon but the old lady was not there. @#$%^&*!!!! No nyonya chang for me either... Sobssss!!!!!!

Unknown said...

looks good to me!

mun said...

The food does look tasty!

Princess Ribbon said...

I want the kuey chap.. Makes my mouth sticky afterwards, I don't mind, collagen goodness..

Hayley said...

I agree, the presentation of the food is nice!

PH said...

The mee goreng looks very good. And so does the pork leg! :D

trishie said...

Suddenly craving for Kway Chap! Looks delicious

Reanaclaire said...

Very worth taking rice with the plate of meat... Looks good too!

Sharon D. said...

You had me at fish plate. I'm a sucker for nice-looking things! ;)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will go for the mee goreng...

Libby said...

I love to eat pork meat and the three sauces look very tempting

Nancy Chan said...

I would want to try both because both look so tempting. Greedy me!