Friday, June 3, 2016

Our favourite soy sauce chicken

We love this super easy, tasty and mouth-watering soy sauce chicken at home.

On any day that I am running out of idea on what to cook or feeling like having something ginger-y and onion-y, I would just whip out this recipe of our favourite soy sauce chicken. 


Soy Sauce chicken with ginger, onion and spring onion

Ingredients:
2 parts of chicken thighs, chopped to bite size
Spring onion, sliced about an-inch length
4 garlic cloves, sliced (I don't chop it too fine as I prefer some garlic crunch in my dish)
Ginger, about an-inch size, sliced finely
1 medium-sized onion, sliced
2 tbsp. Shao xing wine or any Chinese wine
Chicken stock, about 200ml
Cooking oil
Seasonings:
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce
1tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp white pepper

Methods:
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with seasonings for about 30 minutes before cooking.
2. In a deep wok, heat up some cooking oil in medium heat. Saute garlic for few seconds till fragrant.
3. Add in ginger and onion.  Saute for few minutes before add in chicken pieces.
4. Toss the chicken pieces with the ingredients in the wok for few minutes till they started to turn brown.
5. Add in the chicken stock.  Give all the ingredients in the wok a toss.  Then add in the Chinese wine.
6. When the chicken stock started to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer by covering the wok. Let it cook for about 15 minutes with once or twice tossing.
7. When the chicken is cooked, add in the spring onion and give it a last few toss before dish out.


12 comments:

suituapui said...

My missus cooks this very often. Sometimes just dunno what to cook. Add potatoes, also nice.

Sharon D. said...

This would be one of my favourite dishes - never tire of it! Yummy stuff, Rose. May I come over ..haha? ^.^

Somewhere in Singapore said...

So long no cook as nowadays hardly cook...

Azura Chan said...

My favourite too.

Yee Ling said...

My favorite dish too..Simple and easy. Sometimes add in potatoes or hard boiled egg.

PH said...

This is one of my favorites too but I don't cook it often enough. OK, now I know what to cook for dinner this weekend LOL!

Purple Queen Fairy said...

Yup, one of our home fav too. Can also add in other root veg like carrots and even mushroom. Try also to add a bit of sesame oil. Brings the dish to a whole new level. :)

mun said...

I like to eat this dish too.

Reanaclaire said...

I love this too.. in fact I just cooked this dish today.. but I put the chicken on top of the rice... all in one!

Libby said...

I was just thinking about this dish that day, my mom cooks the best soy sauce chicken

Blackswan said...

Yummy! I love soy sauce chicken too, dear! I've just posted a chicken recipe too & hope you'll like it too! xoxo

Diana Diane Teo said...

This is one of the dishes I always cook when my mom balik Kuching. Just I don't add garlic cause my grandmother can't eat it.