Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Bazaar of food

Together with a friend, we dropped by this Ramadhan bazaar in Emart Hypermarket, Batu Kawa like how we did last year.

However this year, the bazaar is smaller than last year.  Nevertheless, they have varieties of food to choose from, unlike where many stalls sold the same food last year.

Let see what I bought for dinner that afternoon.

RM2.00 fried kway tiaw for Jay

RM2.00 fried mee hoon for Jan

Snack of vegetable spring rolls and sausage rolls (RM1.00 for 3)

RM2.00 roti telur

RM1.00 deep-fried squid

This Kelantan famous rice dish, nasi kerabu for me (RM5.00)


And I think this was something unique that I have never seen before in a Ramadhan bazaar.  Deep-fried crabs!!!  If I am not mistaken, it is flower crab.  RM10.00 for 2 big-sized crabs.  My friend and I took one each so we could taste the deep-fried crustacean.


Turned out, it was good.  Nice and sweet flesh.

 

15 comments:

suituapui said...

I am so good! Have not been even once this year!!! Except the one at the army camp, 10th Mile, on my way to the airport to pick my girl and the mum.

PH said...

It's been a long time since I have been to a Ramadan bazaar. There used to be one near my office area long time ago. During that time, my Muslim friends will be fasting and I would be feasting. hee..hee...hee...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Hope to go Malaysia Ramadan Bazaar to see any difference between Singapore and Malaysia Ramadan Bazaar...

Reanaclaire said...

Not bad.. got flower crab some more.. the other day I went, I bought back only some kueh and a piece of ayam penyet.. enough for my dinner..

Nancy Chan said...

Have not been to one for a long time. If I see nasi kerabu, I will want to buy some back. I have seen deep fried crabs at the pasar malam but have not tasted them yet.

Anonymous said...

Oho.. I didn't know they're selling fried crabs overthere.

mun said...

I didn't know that the flower crabs have so much meat. I like the nasi kerabu best.

Ezvina said...

Nyumm. I have not been to any bazaar ramadan yet this year.

Princess Ribbon said...

I've always wanted to go Ramadhan Bazaar, but no chance go.. One thing I don't like about it, makes the road jam, but the food very nice la, lots of selection.. Gotta tahan until go home only can eat lor, haha, cannot eat while walking..

lina said...

I want those crabs! Hahaha

Blackswan said...

I wanna try the squid & crabs!! xoxo

Hayley said...

Havent been to bazaar Ramadhan yet. My friend reminded me don't go after 6pm, cause to give way to the Muslims, they have been puasa-ing whole day so it's best to let them buy first, which is quite true... Hehe!

Merryn said...

Wow wow! Nice buys there. I havent been to a real bazaar Ramadan for ages. I think I stopped going since I have kids :(

Libby said...

Hope to go to SG Ramadan Bazaar before it ends

Sharon D. said...

Haizz..I'm drooling over the deep-fried crabs. Didn't see that here!