Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A decadent brunch

The best time to fill up your tummy during holidays is between 10am to 12noon. The brunch time. No hurry and can enjoy your favourite Malaysian food with your loved ones.

That was what we did during the long holiday. Eat and eat.

It was one of the mornings when it rained. Weather was cooling and nice for a warm brunch with the family. 

We went to this Ice Buddy Cafe for food. Not so packed as we believe most people was away during the Gawai holiday.


The ham and egg sandwich was just right to kick start our tummy juice while waiting for our food to arrive. 


Hubby went for this tastebud teaser in Indian curry mee (RM6.00). A very hearty brunch indeed.


The kids would never be bored of noodle. So kolo mee for them. RM3.00 per bowl.


For yours truly, I tried out the Foochow fried stall for the very 1st time that morning. Ended up with this RM5.00 plate of fried mee hoon with cangkuk manis. Looked appetizing but I still think the one over here tasted better or maybe one day I should whip up my own version of mani cai mee hoon.

With a filling brunch, we skipped our lunch that day.

9 comments:

Sharon D. said...

I love doing brunch too - the crowd is less. Food looks yummy, Rose and I'm with you on eating and eating except that for me, most of my food crimes are committed at the Ramadhan Bazaar. ..haha

suituapui said...

Nice looking sandwiches, oooooo...kolo mee, ok...I'll have that!

My missus and I always go for brunch, after 10...and skip lunch...and we'll cook something simple at home for dinner - or just eat up all the leftovers we cook over the weekend when my girl is home.

Reanaclaire said...

I agree with you.. brunch is the time of the day where I can consume a lot without feeling guilty.. eat as much as I like... hahahaa... The food looks good by the way, especially the last one.. something very different.. :)

Nancy Chan said...

Brunch is eating 2 meals in 1..Lol! I enjoy brunch too. I love your kids' kolo mee.

Small Kucing said...

usually i do brunch too. Coz morning usually to busy for breakky

PH said...

I'll take the ham and egg sandwich! I don't usually do brunch unless if my brother wants to then I will go for it :)

mun said...

Nowadays I eat my first meal of the day between 10 to 12 noon. Your fried mee hoon with cangkuk manis sure does look tasty although you don't think so.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Your kids same with me, i never bored of noodle...

Libby said...

I like ham and egg sandwich