Monday, June 27, 2016

Spending Sunday morning

We had a very early Sunday yesterday. A special ocassion called for an early day.


My girl has officially joined The Girl's Brigade band yesterday. We witnessed her acceptance in our church service. Few school mates joined and swore in as new members.
 

Jan joined the brigade as one part of her school's extra-curriculums this year.

The service started at 8am but I dropped her off at the church compound at 645am as breakfast provided. Then I went home to wake up the boys and daddy so we could be in time for the service.

After the service, my girl stayed back for her 1030am Sunday class as she had a Bible exam. Meantime, we went for brunch and book shopping over here to kill our time.


Forgot when were the last time we were here. Love browsing around for books. While the boys reading books at one corner, I went around looking for some books.


Did not find anything interesting. We spent an hour in the bookstore and walked out RM150 poorer. Lol.


3 things that hubby never mind splurging; 1. Food, 2. Clothing and 3. Books.

He always encourage the kids to read more and he does not mind spending on books.


We bought these books for the kids. Current crazes! Angry birds and Finding Dory.


Before we left, I managed to take a snap of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri decoration. Simple but nice.  Couldn't believe that Hari Raya is next week.  Time really flies and half of 2016 is almost over.



15 comments:

PH said...

Reading is a good habit and I am glad that your family loves to read.

Coffee Girl said...

Ya half year already, so fast kan. Good and bad about it. Getting older too haha

Nancy Chan said...

Books are not cheap. Hopefully we may enjoy cheaper books in the near future. The kids would love the holidays. I better go and see if I can get some good buy with the raya discount.

suituapui said...

Yes, reading is good. Anytime better than those online games. Sigh...I don't like Sundays because that is the day when I would have to send my girl back to her school in the jungle and her face would be extra long too - she hates going back there.

Princess Ribbon said...

Used to read lastime, but now not anymore.. Mummy doesn't read, lucky the kids read.. maybe they wana compete see who finish the Peter&Jane first, haha..

Reanaclaire said...

Money well spent! No regrets.. books bring knowledge and bonding too, from the picture in your blog.. :)

Blackswan said...

Spending on books is definitely money well spent as it's also a form of long-term investment for our children's future. xoxo

mun said...

Good for Jan to join the brigade band. Can get more books to read by going to the library I would think.

Merryn said...

Wow, busy day for Jan.

We don't mind spending on books too. Reading is a good habit :)

Libby said...

Time really flies

I love reading and currently I have 14 books to read, some from Bookfair, some from Book Swop and some religious books

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Times flies, yesterday i bump into a muslim neighbour, was telling him, one more week and it's Hari Raya...

trishie said...

Money spent on books is always well spent. Hope you're well, Rose!

Ezvina said...

Yup, buy books can claim tax :) But i also seldom buy books now, hard to find latest novel in Kuching, sometimes I buy 2nd hand online.

Anonymous said...

Yes, time flies.

We also didn't mind on spending on books. Especially me, always encouraging people to read and buy books. lol. Did you buy anything for yourself?

Sharon D. said...

I wish I could take you to the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale which is usually held after a few days into December annually.