Sunday, December 6, 2015

Holiday escape

It has been almost 2 years since we went back to hubby's hometown. So end of last month, we took an early flight to Sibu and after a short stop, we took the 3-hours express ride to Kapit.

We had our sweet family holiday escape with hubby's parents back in his hometown. Coincidently my bil and family were there for holiday as well. So it was a full house!!

It felt good to be back to the peaceful and tranquillity of a countryside.  Even the air was fresher!! No rush, no stress. Just take our sweet time slowly. And hubby got time to re-connect with his old classmates while we were there.

The kids especially Jan and Jay were super excited for weeks (even, months) about going back to see their beloved grandparents. It was nice to see them and relax while we were there.

However, last night I flew home with hubby and Jamie after spending a week in Kapit.  If you are wondering why, it is because hubby flew to KL this morning to attend a wedding reception later. Thought of joining him but I am done with flying especially with Jamie. We were having some hard times getting him to stay quiet in the planes as well as in the express boats.

Jan and Jay will continue their holidays for another week till they will be brought home. So for now it would be a little quiet in the house without those 2 and maybe Jamie will be missing his jie jie and kor kor later.

Alright, guys. Need to log off now. I still have bag to unpack, laundry to wash and dry.  I will share some photos from my holiday later.

Meantime, you could check my entries of past holidays in Kapit over here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to joining you on the trip but as time went past, I got lazy. My girl was not all that keen either - guess she had had enough of little towns. I found out one thing - hotels in Kapit are so expensive - RM120 a night at Greenland. Can get cheaper and nicer in Kuching, like at 360 Xpress, for instance...and in Sibu too, nice hotel, nice room...not the shophouse type, less than RM100.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Look forward for the sharing of your holiday...

Merryn said...

Aww.. Jamie will have you all by himself :D

Enjoy your bonding time with that cutie pie :)

Nancy Chan said...

With Jamie alone with you, it will be a more quieter time too. Time of bonding and spending more quality time with your boy. Looking forward to your holiday post on Kapit.

Huai Bin said...

Nice! I haven't been to Kapit in a (very, very) long time. Me and my bros were planning to go a few months back but I had a project to finish and we were all busy so we didn't.

I hear there's a famous roti canai in Kapit where they deep fry (?) the roti telur?

I would love to try that, will see if any of the guys want to pop down to Kapit during Christmas.

Rose world said...

Yes. The famous deep fried roti telur in the hawker market. Read my link.

Blackswan said...

I'm not familiar with Kapit but I heard Sibu is a nice place. Enjoy your holidays, dear! xoxo

mun said...

Jamie will be very pleased to have you all to himself, hehehe. Enjoy your bonding time.

Sharon D. said...

Your little one is too cute, Rose. I can imagine how active he is! Have a good rest. ;)