Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hong Kong Street

Shockingly, we have never eat here although it is just a minute drive from our house.


On one Sunday before our Sunday service, we dropped by this coffee shop for breakfast with my parents, grandma and sis. Actually my dad called me for breakfast here as he had been here once and love the noodle served here. My dad knows better about food available here than me. 


Hong Kong Street is next to this pet and fish shop called Sky Aquarium (blue nameboard in above photo) in MJC, Batu Kawa. Ironically, it is so near to my place but I never eat there before.


This Hong Kong Street is operated by a Hong Konger who married a local girl here. So you could find authentic Hong Kong dishes served here. 


Such as this Poon Choi. I never tasted one before so maybe will try it some day. Do you know that Poon Choi is originally a Hakka dish??


I loved these juicy and tasty roasted meat and char siew here. They were so good. Succulent fats on those bbq meats were just too addictive.


Hubby also ordered this braised beef tripe. I did not taste any as I do not eat innards.


Hubby said it was good and chewy. It did looked good to me from the photo, don't you think so?


For the rest of us, we each had bihun soup with fresh fish fillets. You can opt for fresh clear soup or soup with milk. RM9.50 per bowl and I requested for milk. Actually I could not taste the milk at all but nevertheless, I enjoyed this bihun soup.


The broth was combination of sour and sweet while the thickly sliced fish fillets were very fresh. They also serve a half slice of lime and chilli dipping to go with your meal.


I could say it was a delightful breakfast considering our 1st time eating here.

12 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Rose, both the char siew and noodle in milk soup look very delicious. The braised beef tripe looks good too, hubby would love it.

trishie said...

The milky fish soup looks delicious. I actually have a recipe for it which I must try soon!

Anonymous said...

Tried poon choi once, can't say it swept me off my feet. Nice, of course...with all the nice things inside...but not cheap. Everything here looks very good.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog and enjoyed reading your interesting entries on amazing stories and personal insights! I find it really great that you are sharing your experiences with your readers.

Zalora is looking to work with talented bloggers, and I was wondering if you would be keen on a one-time blog collaboration with us. Do let me know if you are interested by emailing me at izz.latif@my.zalora.com so that I can fill you in with the details. Hope to hear from you soon!

mun said...

I like to eat fish fillets noodle. Looks good.

Blackswan said...

Guess what? I've never tried beef tripe in my life & don't think I ever will! Hahaha! I probably will go for the bee hoon soup.

Rose world said...

You know what? Me too. Haha.

Diana Diane Teo said...

Both of my two brothers also stay so nearby here but never noticed about this restaurant. Honestly to say, there are so many eateries and restaurants nearby MJC. Perhaps could try to dine in here when I'm going back Kuching again

Somewhere in Singapore said...

You know what, like for the foods sold near my place, i also hardly eat, usually eat in other places...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I have not tried braised beef tripe before...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The bihun soup, loves it...

Sharon D. said...

Ha! You're always making me salivate over my computer! Breakfast looks amazing!