Monday, December 14, 2015

The day after

It was the other Sunday. The day after we came back from our 1-week holiday in Kapit.

After dropped hubby in the airport for his flight to KL that morning, my dad called me for brunch.  My plan actually that day was to rest and catch up on tv at home with Jamie but my dad insisted on picking both of us up. So, I couldn't reject his good intention. Anyway I were not feeling that well after back from Kapit; down with flu, cough and sore throat (my 3 "best friends"!). Thankfully I have recovered by now.

We were driven all the way to 7th Mile for food. Gosh. I don't remember when was the last time I hunt for food in 7th Miles.


Dad said this food court has a stall that serves nice and affordable mixed meat soup with rice. And true to his word, the soup was nice. Not too much msg and they serve quite a lot of ingredients in this bowl of soup. Let's see; they had liver, blood clots, mince pork balls, meat balls, fish balls, beancurd cubes and some green vegetables and salted mustard. RM5.00 for this bowl of goodies. RM0.50 for a plate of white rice.  Forgot to snap the rice but it was a big portion (for me).


Managed to snap the food court from the back. The stall is right at the back.

Hardly could see the name of the food court as it has faded with time. Lol. It is called Happy Food Court. Doesn't look like a very happy food court to me but this stall at the back sure enjoy good business there.


Jamie and I spent some times in my parents' house. And my mum proudly shown me her "feathery guests" in her garden. Wow. 2 little birds in a nest in one of her pots. This was the 2nd time the bird laid eggs there. First time, there was 2 eggs but one bird died while another survive. This round, also 2 eggs and luckily both baby birds look healthy.

Jamie and I did get some afternoon naps after we got home. When we both woke up, we went to Petanak market for dinner.


And before we did, we took a quick view of the Sarawak river. Hmm. It wasn't that dark but the photos turned out otherwise. I liked how the evening sky turned out actually. Beautiful light.


That evening, we both went to bed early. We were still recovering from the holiday and lack of sleep. Plus outside was raining cats and dogs so it was a good idea to tuck in early.

9 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Got bird nesting there..ppl say brings good luck☺

Yee Ling said...

I still love my parents come to drive me out for food..heheh

Even though most of time, I will offer to drive them.

Anonymous said...

The last time I went to 7th Mile - 2008:
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2008/08/13/the-morning-after-2/

Merryn said...

My mom's place also always got bird nesting. I wonder why I don't get it here at my place.

Blackswan said...

Place looks serene. Would love to go for a stroll there.

mun said...

Thanks for showing us the two little birds in the nest. Your mother did a great job of allowing them to stay in her plant's pot.

Sharon D. said...

Aww..that's nice to see - two little birds all tucked in. Lovely scenery, Rose. :D

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Good to hear that you have recovered...

ahlost said...

i used to have brunch with hubby there.. not until we have a baby. hahaha.. bringing her out to hot stuffy place, we don't need to eat liao :D :D so, brunch on sunday at these places is a challenge to us.. but i do wish to try on that one day.. hehehe..