Long before we were back in Kapit, I were trying to clear and finish up what ever stuff we had in the fridge. The red pepper has been there for more than a week and it would not be any good to leave it longer.
So I created a new dish for the family. Something that everyone loves and easy to prepare as well.
I love the colour of this dish too. Furthermore, red pepper has some health benefits and it is not too spicy to be eaten.
My stir-fried chicken breast with ginger, red pepper and spring onion
Breast meat, sliced
Ginger, size of your thumb, sliced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
Spring onion, 4 stalks, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp shao xing wine
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Marinate the chicken and let it in fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking.
2. Add about 1 -2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Once heated up, add in ginger and garlic. Stir fried till fragrant.
3. Add in the chicken pieces. Add a bit of water onto the marinade and pour back into wok.
4. Stir fried for few minutes till chicken turns white before add in the red pepper.
5. Cook for a minute before add in spring onion.
6. Add a bit of water into cornflour, mix and add into the wok. Cook for few seconds till gravy thicken. Dish out.