Tuesday, December 22, 2015

That green frog

It was one of the weekday when hubby took a day leave last week to spend time with us in a shopping mall. Other than window shopping, catching on the Christmas decoration and lunch, we went for a movie too. We watched the latest Star Wars movie.


After we were done with the morning show, we went to this Japanese food franchise for lunch. By looking at that green frog logo, I bet no need further introduction to the food franchise.


Albeit it was weekday, the place was quite packed. Nevertheless we got a table and without delay, we ordered our food through their computerised menu.


First to come was my princess' favourite, Unagi Kabayaki with rice and miso soup.


I must have the soft shell crab as I could not resist this deep-fried tasty crustacean. Crispy outside yet moist inside. I prefer to eat it as it is than dipping in the spicy mayo.


The grilled squid looked good too. However I thought it was a bit dry. Needless to say, I would attack the tentacles first! ^^


Fuyu Teishuku was what hubby had, with raw fish slices, vegetable tempura, chawanmushi, miso soup and rice.

For Jay, he had this bowl of chicken teriyaki ramen. Quite a portion for him so I helped to some of it.

And to complete our lunch, we had the blackcurrant juice. ^^

It has been a while since we dined Japanese cuusine as a family, so I were happy to see that everyone was enjoying their food.

7 comments:

Linda said...

The green frog is great, Rose, and the blackcurrant juice looks delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish we had one here - they say this franchise is a lot nicer than Sushi King.

Sharon D. said...

I say good choice, Rose. I'm a regular Sakae Sushi customer ..haha!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I prefer Ichiban....

Huai Bin said...

I love squid prepared like this too, with teriyaki sauce! :)

I still haven't watched the Star Wars movie though, will be sure to catch it.

Merryn said...

This green frog is Ayden's and Ethan's favourite just bcoz of that huge green frog at the entrance. It is so enticing that each time they walk pass it, they'll request to dine in. We usually will just have udon and they super love it.

Libby said...

The green frog is my favourite