Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Opposite

Most of the weekend, we would go to this food court for breakfast. Over there, there used to have one roti canai stall operated by a mamak and business was quite good for him. His roti canai and Indian rojak were nice. Then he stopped operating there few months ago.

We thought he stopped doing food all together but to our surprise, we saw him at this food court which is directly opposite to the first food court. So, he basically moved from one food court to another food court opposite it. Rental must be cheaper and crowd is better, I believe. And one thing, I prefer the latter food court as it is cleaner and well maintained.


So, one Sunday we were there and I could not resist ordering one roti tisu from the roti canai stall. RM3.00 for this cone canai. Super crispy and sweet. Of course, the kids enjoyed munching on it.

And no, I did not only have roti tisu for breakfast. I had this meatballs and stuffed toufu soup from the Batu Kawa meat balls stall


I like the taste of the soup. They have that preserved vegetable (dong chai) flavour in the soup as well. Would you believe me if I tell you I finished all the stuff in this bowl of clear soup??

14 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

I like roti tisu, looks very sweet and crunchy crispy, full of sticky goodness, sugar and some butter taste, wah sedapppp..

Sharon D. said...

Rose, I am a fan of roti tisu! Mostly because I find that it's a nice treat to be had with friends. The soup sure looks good too. ^.^

Azura Chan said...

I never tried roti tisu. Would love to try it someday.

Small Kucing said...

saw roti tisu before but never tried.

Yee Ling said...

It has been ages since I had roti tissue.

I think I want to eat again after looking at your photo. I think my kids will get excited also. Hahah

Agnes CF Lee said...

it won't be enough for me to just eat roti tissue for breakfast, I would order something additional like you. Add meehoon to the bowl of soup would be nice.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will prefer the meatball and stuffed tau foo...

Libby said...

I have never heard of and tried roti tisu, but sweet I think I will like also

Anonymous said...

I love the stuffed tau kua with minced meat soup - missus have not cooked for a long time. Maybe I can try and do it myself.

Diana Diane Teo said...

Batu Kawa is very near to my family new house in Kuching. Maybe can go here and try when I get back to Kuching again.

trishie said...

I want some roti tisu now!!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

HI,

Was hoping you to come to Serian Bikes Festival. Hahahah!

Anyway, my son now is a die hard fan of roti canai. I do not know why. He always order Roti Canai Planta with Milk. Huhu

mun said...

I never order the roti cone because I don't know where to begin to eat it, hahaha! Wow, did you finish drinking all the soup too after eating everything in the bowl?

Rose world said...

I ate the stuff in there. Did not drink much of the soup.