It couldn't be any easier than this! Who could resist a fragrant slice of butter cake with a lightly infused lemon scent to it?? I know my hubby couldn't!
My hubby is one man who loves his butter cakes so much that he could finish up a whole block of butter cake bought from a bakery by himself in a night! Enjoying the cake with his tea over his favourite show.
So, one day I were giving him a pleasant surprise. My own made lemon butter cake.
I adapted the recipe from here but somehow I burnt my cake bottom. So I got to scrap the burnt bottom. Next round I would reduce the time to half and see how it goes.
250g salted butter, melted
4 medium eggs
150g castor sugar
200g self-raising flour, sifted
60ml fresh milk
1tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Rind of lemon
Pinch of salt
1. Cream the butter and castor sugar by hand whisk till pale and creamy.
2. In a bowl, add flour and salt together. In another bowl, mix milk with lemon juice and set aside.
3. Add one egg at a time together with vanilla essence into the butter and sugar mixture. Beat till combined before adding in in lemon rind and mix well.
4. Using a spatula, fold in the sifted flour in 3 batches alternatively with milk mixture. Mix till well combined.
5. In a greased flip pan, scrap the mixture slowly.
6. Bake on low heat for 12 minutes. Slowly shift the pan towards right side so that the left side of the pan is on heat, bake for 6 minutes. (I burnt the bottom, so next time I will reduce the duration)
7. Next shift the pan to the left side so that the right side of the pan is on heat, bake for another 6 minutes.
8. Then flip the pan over and bake for another 6 minutes (3 minutes on left, 3 minutes on right) to have a nice brown top!
9. Let it cool down before cutting.
I were happy with the brown top of my cake!!! Just when I cut through that I noticed the burnt bottom part! But the cake was good! Have the milk fresh lemon zest and the cake was soft and not dry at all!! Overall, it was a good attempt, minus the burnt part!!