Friday, October 23, 2015

Caught him in time

I have meant to try a stall from this coffee shop many times but they only open in the evening and when the time I were not cooking, I did not think about it or simply hard to find a parking here.


It just happened early this month when hubby was having a wedding dinner reception one evening and I did not cooked. So by hook or by crook, I must try out that stall that some people have been praising highly about.

My lucky star was with me as I managed to find one parking regardless of the weekly market on-going behind this row of shop.


If you are wondering what was the big deal about, it was this stall. Penang Fried!! They said it is one of the best in Kuching. 

The stall was located inside the coffee shop so I need to walk along the walkway. The friendly guy was happy to greet me even before I spotted his stall.

So I ordered his Penang fried kuaw tiaw with prawns; not too spicy as I did not know how spicy was his chilli paste. After got my order, he went further in the walkway, prepared his ingredients and fried away.


And as I paid RM5.50 for my fried kuaw tiaw, he told me he has bubur cha cha but I did not feel like having any that evening. Then he told me he would stop operating in the coffee shop in the next 2 days as the coffee shop is closing down. He has not find a new stall for rent yet so requested me to jot down my contact so he could contact when he got new stall.

So I jotted my contact and wish the guy all the best. And I could not wait to taste my kuaw tiaw!!


It was wrapped in those brown wrapper and it was still warm when I opened it up!! 


And I liked it!! Not too spicy as I requested mildly spicy. Quite a portion for me as I could not finished it all up. However, what I enjoyed the most was he added those tasty pork lards!! 


Some of the lards that I found!! Ooohhh! Delicious!

Glad I got the chance to try it out before the guy moved away. Caught him just in time!!

P.s. As-to-date, he has moved to another location which is not too far away. Will give him a visit some day when I think of Penang fried noodle.

11 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

If you had gone there few days later, you would have missed him. Ohhh, those fried lard, so yummy! These are the ones that make a great difference to the char kuaw tiaw!

Anonymous said...

I wonder where he is now. I once had fried kway teow at one place Central Inn/Central Road there - they said so very nice, people from Penang. I thought it was ok, nothing like the real thing.

Anonymous said...

Here, this is the place. Dunno still there or not...
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2010/01/31/not-the-same/

Sharon D. said...

Yay! Thumbs up for pork lard! It looks so yummy, Rose!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Thank God u went before he shift to another place, if not, u will not know his new place...

Hayley said...

From Penang all the way there! Hehe!
Next time go to Penang to have the authentic one, nice!

mun said...

Reading this late at night until now I feel like eating char kway teow! Did he call you to tell you where he has moved to? Or did you find out on your own?

Linda said...

Isn't it nice to have food still warm when you open it up? Rose, you and I share the same likes as far as food not being too hot and spicy. It looks very good! :)

Rose world said...

He sms me.

Yannie said...

Coincidentally, I just had Char Koay Teow for lunch. By the ways, I saw you baking a cake with HCP, nice try, Rose. The cake looks very good.

mun said...

Oic. Sms is much better than calling.