Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Chicken rice

A short post today and from the title, you know that I am going to talk about chicken rice. Yup! Chinese chicken rice.

I love going to this food centre as it is nearer and the food is quite good and reasonable there.

One of the stalls is this chicken rice stall. I love its steamed chicken while the kids would go for its roasted chicken.

One afternoon, I had my lunch there with a girlfriend and I ordered the steamed chicken rice. RM5.00 for drumstick portion.


The rice was fluffy and soft although I could use to have more fragrance and oil to it. But chicken drumstick and its spicy chilli dipping saved the whole dish. The chicken was moist and tender while its chili dipping was spicily good. 

Overall it was the best chicken rice I could find in this vicinity.


And I also tapau-ed the roasted chicken rice for the kids' lunch.

Chicken rice. We can basically find it anywhere. Can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper.  A staple food it has become.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had chicken rice too today, ok...not bad, cheap, but the best one is at the restaurant that I will feature in my blog in a few days' time. Dunno if you went when you were in Sibu, Annie Q's favourite. Don't forget to drop by! Hehehehe!!!!

Ezvina said...

We use to go to SCR quite often, but I see that their chicken rice price is too high now we try to avoid it. Maybe we can try this out.

Nancy Chan said...

Its been a long time I have not eaten chicken rice.

Princess Ribbon said...

The white cut chicken looks good, I prefer mine with liver, lots of it !!

mun said...

Can't go very wrong with chicken rice. That's my backup meal. If can't think of what to eat, then will go eat chicken rice.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I prefer roasted chicken...