Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Choked and Cough

The weather has been very crazy since last week.  Hot and hazy.  We are seeing less rain for nearly a week now.
 
This morning when I woke up, I could smell the haze.  The smell of smoke nearly choked me when I opened my windows.  Oh dear!  Sure not good and does not help my condition since I have been coughing for few days now.  Just hope by taking more Vitamin C and staying indoor, I will get well soon.
 
Since hubby is on leave today, I decided to cook some green mung soup.  We love the soup so much that I cook it almost every weekend.  Mung soup is known for clearing body heat and toxin.  So, on this hazy weather, it is great to drink a bowl of chilled green mung soup.
 


Another favourite fruit of mine is Jambu Air ("Rose Apples" in English).  I basically grow up with few favourite local fruits such as papayas, watermelons, guava, bananas and jambu air.  What I love the most is Jambu Air because of its juicy and soft flesh.  There are 2 types of Jambu Air; one is where the skin is really red in colour while the latter is more paler complexion. 
 
 
I got myself the paler type from the market yesterday, which is sweeter and juicier.  I remember my mum used to make a dipping to go with this fruit, which taste spicy and sweet.  But for me, I just like to eat it as the way it is.  Sweet and moist.  Great munching on a hot day!!!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah take care Rose. Weather is very hot and hazy these days.

Unknown said...

I like jambu air tu. Just eat like that is sweet enough. Of course with rojak paste it even taste better.

Hayley said...

Yep weather is not good lately!

Take good care, drink more fluids and stay indoor!

Libby said...

Me also down with cough. Haze + cough + hot weather, terrible.

wenn said...

I like green mung soup. That reminds me to boil it now..

Sharon D. said...

Oh dear, get well soon, Rose :)

suituapui said...

Worse here...after the kampung fire yesterday. My eyes hurt if I go outdoors...

mun said...

Hope you get well soon! The haze is really not helping at all. I like jambu air too, eating them just like that without any sauce or dippings.