I love all kinds of salads from seafood, vegetables to fruits salads. They are refreshing, appetizing and easy to prepare. Do you enjoy salad and what salad do you like the most??
I love Caesar Salad the most, followed by Potatoes & Eggs Salad.
Rose's Caesar Salad
Serves 2 - 4
2 medium sized eggs
1 head of baby lettuce, leaves separated
1 handful of tomato cherries
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
4 slices of bacon, cut into strips
1 tbsp. salted butter
Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. chopped garlic
4 slices of white bread, crusts removed and cut roughly into 1cm cubes
- Bring a saucepot of water to boil. Add the eggs into the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes till hard boiled.
- To make the croutons, heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and bread cubes. Stir and toss frequently for 4 - 5 minutes until the bread is golden all over and crispy. Remove and drain in kitchen towel.
- Add 1 tbsp. of salted butter into the pan. When butter melt, throw in the bacon strips. Fry till crispy. Remove and drain in kitchen towel.
- Arranged the washed lettuce and tomato cherries in a bowl. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice into the bowl, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the eggs into slices. Whisk into the salad and mix well. Add the croutons and bacon strips and toss the salad again.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
P/S: Do not leave the salad standing too long after the dressing has been added or the lettuce will go soggy.