Friday, March 20, 2009

My house is brighter again and everything is in the safe deposit

THURSDAY: Finally most things that have been delayed till now are done. I mentioned before in February that some items in our house need to be fixed. Yes! We get repairman to come over yesterday morning to fix the broken bathroom light bulb, change few blown bulbs, fixing the living room fan and repair the leaking toilet bowl. Phew! Never knew there was so many things need to be done. And that is the condition of the house. Old house, so need to do some maintenance here and there. Thinking of all the maintenance, make me think of my new house. At least if anything wrong or need repair, we can call the developer or management corporation since we would be under one. At least we know who we should be looking for if we need anything when we move into our new home.

Now the outstanding itinerary would be my bedroom door knob and leaking ceiling. Cannot be fixed till I deliver. Yeah, it is the “pantang” (superstition) thing, cannot do things to or in the bedroom which include the door knob. So, got to wait to change the new knob and re-do the ceiling and roof.

FRIDAY: This morning, I opened up a safe deposit. My dad also wanted to open one himself (or was it his excuse to accompany a pregnant lady to bank and worry about my safety?) , so we went together to the bank to open the safe deposit. I received a substantial amount of gold during my wedding back in 2005. Then, I passed all those gifts to my parents for safe-keeping till recently they asked me whether I would like to keep them myself. Guess what! All those 4 years they have been bringing the gold around with them when they open shops in the morning, and bringing them home at night. All those hassle although they have a safe box in the house. They are worry that anything would happen since no one at home during the day time and the neighboorhood is pretty quiet during the day. *blush* Make me feel guilty of making them worrying about my gold! Telling you the truth I really forgotten about them. Lol!

Be frank, I have a phobia of getting my gold lost in the safe deposit in the bank and no one hold responsibility if it is missing or stolen in there, but then on second thought, I also worry that anything could happen if I simply keep it in my safe box in the room. So after much weighing and consideration, I decided to open up a safe deposit in bank. At least I know my parents are feeling much better now!! *wink*

Is gold price on increasing rate now? Have not been updating myself on gold prices, but I am sure keeping some gold are better than saving money in the account. You know our money value. And with very low interest rate, it doesn’t look favourable to save and put money in the bank account. And I don’t have that much money to go into investment which may earn potential higher interest rate! *ha ha ha* Wait till I hit a jackpot if I ever buy it first......

5 comments:

janice said...

yes.. gold price increase my mom cant afford to buy gold for my daughter liao .. heheh..

drNO said...

i hv been wondering about the gold price too. it seems janice has made it clear that it is increasing. people hv been talking that we shud keep gold rather than cash in the bank.

Dav DiDi said...

Gold price booms up faster than growing mushroom oh .. I still remember lastime my dad bought me a necklace where 916 is only RM29 .. but now, 916 is near to RM100 oh!!

Yeah, I do keep most my gold necklace in safe deposits in bank.. and I even keep my birth certs there. Hahaha...

Now at my home, I only have 1 small gold necklace and 1 gold bracelet and some earrings. The rest are in bank .. hehehehe

spymama said...

ya i think safe box is the best way to keep valuables. cos house nowadays are not safe.. at least banks have cctv and link to security.

Kitchen cabinet repair said...

I have extra door installation with security alarm system at my shop to prevent burglary. I think it is a good investment for long term.