Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ants are invading my home!

It is one of those days when I am craving for chicken rice. I never bored eating it. *wink* Those fragrant garlicky rice with yummy steamed chicken and superb chilli sauce that come with it! Yummy! Yeah, now I am drooling all over my pc thinking about it. But at the same time, I am steaming with anger because of my chicken rice!!

While having kolo mee breakfast with my SIL and little gal this morning, I am dreaming of chicken rice for my lunch. Yeap, that is how far my thought is! Haven’t finished my breakfast but I already think of what to eat for my lunch.

Fast forward: I bought my nice chicken rice from Kenyalang Park hawker market. The chicken rice has been my favourite since I was young. Some may complain of its garlicky rice (your mouth will smell of it the whole day!! Lol), but I simply love its appetizing rice.

The day supposed to be great, no one at home, I have the whole tv to my self. There was live tennis match this morning, showing my favourite tennis player, Federer playing in Indian Wells. Around 12 noon, my stomach was growling; meaning it was feeding time. So, eager to eat my chicken rice, I went to the dining room to retrieve it from the table! But oh gosh!! What a shock I had! An army of ants are eating my chicken rice!
I think most people especially women hates crawling inserts. Top of my list is ants. Those big black ants, red fire ants and small yellow ants are my enermies. Recently my house is invaded by army of big black ants. They are everywhere in the living room and kitchen, and even upstairs bathroom and sometimes can see some of them running around in my bedroom.

If you left your food unattended or even it was covered properly, in a minute it will be covered by ants… Those ants really know ways to get into your food. Why they cannot leave my food and home alone??!! Anyone can recommend remedies on how to get rid of those unwelcome pests?? Spraying with Ridsect would not kill them all and it is just a temporary measur. Should I find its nest, I will get the exterminator to get rid of them once and for good!

Well, I have to abandon my chicken rice for lunch. Hardly can eat it thinking ants swamping on my food. Guess what I had for my lunch instead? Instant noodle. So, you can imagine that I have a grudge against ants from today onward when they steal my favourite chicken rice from me. You may think it is crazy, but I will do anything to get them!! Just because of a pack of chicken rice....Boy! I miss my chicken rice.

3 comments:

Ezvina said...

lets declare war with the ants!

janice said...

congrats on ur 2nd one too.. how many weeks now ??

can see the sex dy ??

happy craving.. hehehe.. hope u are well.. hehehe..

Dav DiDi said...

Do u mean the super big that very painful if the bit you ?

Well, my hse got too but because of the pamelo tree .. do u have any trees with fruits at your hse ?? then u might need to think to find the nest there ..